bunny passed away

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostgamerx

Reaction score
(first of all thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge abt rabbits, i literally didnt knew anything before coming here).
My bunny passed away 2 days ago(due to myxomatosis i guess), feeling extremely sad for the cute little soul. He had developed a lump on right side of his neck which got cured but reappeared at the same place and his eyes started bulging. This time it felt as if he was in great pain as he had stopped eating and drinking. He would sometimes eat carrot once in a day or two and drink water. Due to unavailability of any vet doctor in and around my area, we could not treat him. He was a house rabbit and one night was sitting under my bed and grinding his teeth( i cud not understand the behaviour, reason explained above, later i came to know after his death it was bcoz of pain).
After around 36 hours at 5am he was trying to visit every room of the house(which he never used to do in early morning)he had become extremely weak and was unable to walk... perhaps he knew his end was near and wanted to see each one of us for one last time (even though enduring extreme pain himself).. selfless love only animals can depict, when he came near my bed he collapsed(came to about it through my dad, i was sleeping that time)...
When i woke up it was too late, i had lost my friend who had been with me for two years.

He had a fighting spirit tried to stand up but eventually his body gave away..
He loved my dad very much whenever my dad would go out on trips, he would keep lookin for him in the house, would circle around his bed at night, would try to knock dad's washroom doors with his head..
You give love to a rabbit and it would love you 1000times more..
R I P

[/url][/IMG]"]IMG][url="http://pzy.be/v/2/IMG-20140213-WA0001.jpg"] [/url][/IMG]

I am so sorry for your loss, he was such a lovely little guy and looks so like my little Snowy. I do so love that cute little face with that grump mouth. I am so sorry he was in pain but I am sure now he is binkying over that rainbow bridge and pain free. I know you´ll always remember him but maybe at some point you´ll be able to give all that love you have over to another lucky little bunny. :bunnyangel2:

I'm so sorry to hear that your precious bunny passed away and the fact that he was trying to visit every single room meant something as you said he never did that in the past. I don't know where you are, but maybe in the future, you could visit a vet and get an emergency package put together that you could use with meds,etc and some type of information to use for treatment or could call a vet and they could tell you what to do. I am so sorry and know how difficult it must have been to not have access to a medical hospital or vet for him... I hope you and your family can find the strength to make it through these tough first few days without him. I know it's going to be tough.. I had posted this for another individual who just lost their bunny also a few days ago:

“The death of someone
is like
reading a book,
yet
having it end, where it wasn't supposed to.”
― Cindy Vo Nguyen

Take care and hang in there
Vanessa

thanks everyone
I am from India, this time i'll find a vet first before getting a new bunny. Sometimes i think i'll be doing injustice to my deceased bunny by getting another one in its place, just for my happiness.

If I may share my experience with you....

I adopted my first bunny Stache in nov. By January he was seriously ill and I made the decision that no bunny parent ever wants to make. I was devastated, even though we were only together 2 months, what a two months it was. He stole my heart. I thought I would never recover or get another bunny. But I soon came to realize that I gave Stache the best 2 months of his life and that the best thing I could ever do to honor his memory was to adopt another bunny who needed a home. So I did. Luna has stolen my heart too, she is so very different from Stache but that is ok. All I can say is that if you and a bunny are meant to be, it will happen. Hugs.

Latest posts

Back