Bunny Or Rabbit?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BinkyRabbit33

Reaction score
This is probably a stupid question andnot reallyworth a thread of its own, but whats the difference between a bunny and a rabbit? Or are they the same? :huh

"Bunny" is often used to refer to a young rabbit, but the term is also sometimes used as an term of endearment for an older rabbit.

Dictionary definition:

A rabbit, especially a small or young one.
Pam

Personally:

Bunny is to Rabbit as Mommy is to Mother.

The real question is:

What's the difference between a bunny and a bunnie?

I agree with you, Angieluv.

I hate when I am out in public and talking about my "buns". I'll be like "My buns are just adorable, they go potty in their litter box and play with toys just like a puppy".

I guess I get some weird looks. I should start saying "bunny".

Does anyone else get that?:embarrassed:

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Hehe, I know. Maybe that is why I haven't made any new friends?

I will talk about my "buns" and people will ask "You're WHAT?!" and I say "Bunnies".....and they think I am even more weird.

Ah well....:biggrin:.

its not that easy to find people into rabbits as pets (fanatics like us) except on the computer.
I know 2 people here and one friend in Ill. that are really into rabbits.

Hye Amy-when in public, even peeps that I have known for awhile even start on a rampage of how they would cook a rabbit td me off, there's a thread on it actually somewhere not long ago. I'll find it for you, but, I have to go cook so I look for it for you. That really put a hardship between us and I stood my ground and did not budge and to this day the guy regrets it. Well, all he talks about is HIM! My husband will stick up for me about this if is shall ever come up again-it won't!

Edit: People are just very unknowledgable about rabbits-period. That's why they get one for their kids not knowing and end up as they do. I'm very glad to shove in their face-facts!:shock:

Haha....I hadn't heard"buns" until I found this forum and I found it kind of funny. :D

undergunfire wrote:
I agree with you, Angieluv.

I hate when I am out in public and talking about my "buns". I'll be like "My buns are just adorable, they go potty in their litter box and play with toys just like a puppy".

I guess I get some weird looks. I should start saying "bunny".

Does anyone else get that?:embarrassed:

Latest posts

Back