Bunny + Open Window = BAD

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luluznewz

Reaction score
Currently my rabbits are living in a super pet cage that has an X pen attached to it. Zeppelin learned that he could jump on top of the super pet cage to get onto my bed. That wasnt an issue until he took that to the next level. He jumped from the bed to the open window!!

Its a SECOND story window with only a very steep roof overhang. The window sill is only about three inches thick! I walked into the room last night to see him perched up there and I almost died!

He could have fallen so easily, and he didnt look at all concerned. I VERY slowly grabbed him off the window. Its good hes so good about being picked up or he could have gotten scared and slipped out.

Hes okay, and im going to be MUCH more careful. I cant believe the shenanigans the bunnies get up to! I wanted to share this story both because its amazing what they get into and to make sure other people watch second story windows!

Wow!! Thank goodness you saw him in time. I can't imagine how terrifying that would be to slowly reach for him to get him out of harms way! :shock:

here in the uk we dont have screens at all.

i got a chap locally to knock me up some frames to keep my cats in with access only to the enclosed garden....also to keep other cats out.

its just a basic frame of 2"x4" into a rectangle that just covers the window opening....i have strong plastic mesh and its stapled and cable tied to the frame....i use fine insect netting and fit it to the window opening with velcro....this helps the flies etc to keep out.

you could try using mesh wire instead of the heavy duty plastic mesh/multi mesh.

our forst housebun managed to get up on windowsills with our old cats...my mums bun stayed her for a while and got up on my bedroom windowsill...which is upstairs!
i hold the panels in place using an exending pressure mounted net rod....or a cheap telescopic shower curtain pole and adjust it to fit vertically for a single window..or the longer pole horizontally for two panels.

mighjt be worth a shot!

Latest posts

Back