Bunny on a leash

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LovinLops

Reaction score
I would really like to take my Anakin outside, but my yard isn't fenced in so he would have to be on a leash. I have a harness and leash-the kind that stretches so he won't hurt himself if he jumps too far. My question is, do you recommend getting him used to it while he's young, or waiting until he's older? He's almost 3 months as of now. And in what way did you introduce the leash and harness to make it less stressful?

I got Sweetpea when she was 3 months old; I started working on the leash then and she is 11 months now and still does not like it. However I do take her outside to run around and sniff...when on the leash I follow her lead and try not to tire her out too much.

Important** never leave your bunny alone unless she/he is in a cage and cant get hurt or taken my prey animals.

:rabbithop

If there are wild rabbits around where you live, you should treat the area he'll be in with diatomaceous earth. Otherwise your rabbit can get parasites from wild rabbit droppings.

You'll also want to check the yard for weeds & other plants, to make sure if rabbits can eat them or not. For example, ground ivy can't be but plantain is good.

Rather than or besides a harness, you could set up an xpen outdoors & let him be outdoors in that.

LakeCondo wrote:
If there are wild rabbits around where you live, you should treat the area he'll be in with diatomaceous earth. Otherwise your rabbit can get parasites from wild rabbit droppings.

You'll also want to check the yard for weeds & other plants, to make sure if rabbits can eat them or not. For example, ground ivy can't be but plantain is good.

Rather than or besides a harness, you could set up an xpen outdoors & let him be outdoors in that.
Agree with Orlena regarding the DE protecting your bunnies from parasites and other nasty bugs. So far so good for the Z-Tribe.

Agree also about the xpen. I feel that my Domestic bunnies need sunlight as well as fresh air, along with a healthy diet and exercise to be given a chance for have as long of a contented life as they can.

K

Latest posts

Back