bunny- now what??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeypooh

Reaction score
I have given my bunny a bit time to adjust to her new home. We have had her for three weeks now she should be around 9 or 10 weeks old. She is fine being handled and not too timid when approached. I have never had a house bunny before and I was wondering what I should be doing with her at this age besides handling so she turns out to be a happy, well behaved, social little girl. Any suggestions or tips are most welcome.

Mostly just keep doing what you're doing. Pet her, handle her, feed her treats. Corrective behaviour is also important when she does things you don't want her to and she'll learn quickly that she shouldn't be doing them (though may still do them when you're not looking anyway!). If she gets to free roam from her cage and is able to hop in and out of it herself, I would also be training her to go back in for a treat when you say something like "bed time". That way she knows she's about to get a treat and will come running for it :)

Yes, hand-fed pellets are a good one for young bunnies who haven't been introduced to any greens or similar yet. You could try a small piece of fresh herb, such as parsley, coriander or basil, just one piece no bigger than a fingernail and keep an eye out for any tummy upsets over the following 24 hours. She could be a bit young yet, but some rabbits take to it better than others.

Latest posts

Back