Bunny not pooping as often, when she does it's not very big...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LopEarSunny

Reaction score
My female holland lop bunny named sunny is not pooping much, and when she does it's small. She is eating normal, she loves her carrots and pellets. I sometimes feed her celery (I buy a stalk once a month) She gets unlimited pellets, and unlimited alfalfa. She is aboutt 3 months old. Her pellets are called..hang on lemme get them... All living things Rabbit daily diet, here are the ingredients... Sun-cured timothy grass hay, sun cured alfalfa meal, oats, dehulled soybean meal, ground oats,wheat middlings, oat hulls, ground wheat, wheat, sunflower seeds, ground corn, ground flax seed, shelled peanuts, dehydrated carrots, dehydrated apples..... There's more, too.
Analysis:
Crude protein 14 percent
crude fat 4 percent
crude fiber 12 percent
and more. THeres treat bits like dried carrots and little tiny treats- like you see in dog food. They are cshaped like stars aand stuff. she eats, she's lively, she drinks and pees. What can i do to help my Sunny bunny?:grumpy::?

My 3 month old Holland lop Anakin is doing the same thing, posted about it minutes apart from when you posted. Does Sunny's poop look like pieces of a bigger poop, or just tiny circles? Maybe it's something to do with the breed.. I'm really hoping it's not a big deal, for both our sakes.

Bunny digestive systems are EXTREMELY sensitive. Even 24 hrs without poo or with poor poos is potentially dangerous. I'd call your vet and surrounding pet stores to see if they have critical care (it will push everything through if there is a blockage.)

I've also heard that pineapple juice can help, but I have no experience with it. Also make sure she is drinking enough. Small poos can be a sign of dehydration.

If her poos aren't back to normal tomorrow, I'd have your vet squeeze her in for an appt. Tomorrow.

Giving fresh pineapple (in small amounts) will help... It always has with us! Especially if it is a fur block issue... Has she been shedding? Also some gas drops could help get things going, if it's a gas issue... E give cookie a few drops every week as maintenance in some mashed up fruit jus to keep any issues at bay!

Carrots are high in sugar and she seems a little young to be getting much. I don't know about celery as i don't give mine that ( no one else will eat it so why buy a whole bunch) also it seems that her pellets are high in sugar too if it has apple and other things.many people will agree the pellets with the treat bits aren't really good for them. Tradition her slowly to a feed that doesn't have them and back off of the treats. You will probably see a big difference. As for a right now thing if she's eating and drinking well and acting okay then it is highly likely that its just a diet issue.

I REALLY reccomend a higher fibered food. This helps a ton keeping things moving smoothly. 12% fiber isn't good-Oxbows young bunny equilvelant food has 25% fiber. Changing the food should help ALOT.

3 months is way too young in my mind to be getting veggies. Plus, if I remember, I think celery isn't the best and can cause gas.

Sounds like GI stasis.
Check out this article-very good by the House Rabbit Society

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/ileus.html

Latest posts

Back