Bunny nose problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunadri

Reaction score
Hi all, I dont know why but ive been seeing that my bunny’s hand area ( picture shown) always seems fo be wet? His nose looks kinda wet (picture shown) Other than that he sneezed three times in a row then proceeded to wash his face so im thinking he might have wiped his snot onto his hand. His hand looks quite yellow and wet??

Attachments

• 88222286-F009-47EE-813C-A6AA7FE20DBF.jpeg
    88222286-F009-47EE-813C-A6AA7FE20DBF.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 10
  • CF7B55A7-AFA0-4C6E-81B8-CDB6DAFFD1EB.jpeg
    CF7B55A7-AFA0-4C6E-81B8-CDB6DAFFD1EB.jpeg
    195 KB · Views: 12
  • 00D4F04D-A307-4543-8168-26AA1D6A444A.jpeg
    00D4F04D-A307-4543-8168-26AA1D6A444A.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 8
does your bun have any nasal discharge? If there's colored discharged, there could be an infection and will need antibiotics

what hay are you giving? some bunnies tend to be allergic to dusty hay, you can try other types of hay that less dusty like orchard or oat.

My bun kept sneezing for about a month or two, no colored discharge also. Went through two types of antibiotics, a culture, and some nebulizing. The culture didn't show any sensitivity results but the antibiotics and nebulizing seemed to help :) You can bring these up with your vet to see what your bun needs :)

Could just be the dusty hay then. You can try shaking out some of the dust, somewhere away from your rabbit.

The new hay i got is not dusty but his nose is still wet. Would it be because of the sanitizing sprays i sprayed on items and he smelled those? Since he lives in the living room and i spray things there

The new hay i got is not dusty but his nose is still wet. Would it be because of the sanitizing sprays i sprayed on items and he smelled those? Since he lives in the living room and i spray things there

That's certainly a possibility. Rabbits can be very sensitive to the smells in their environment. I definitely would suggest not spraying anything directly around your rabbit. And maybe don't spray anything in the room for the next few days to see if that makes any difference.

My bunny seems to still have a runny nose but he doesnt have runny eyes and he doesn’t really sneeze so I don’t think he has snuffles. The coronavirus is very serious here so I’m hesitant to bring my bunny to the vet/ even go out. Do you think its urgent? He seems fine, full of energy! Normal poops and everything

He is weirdly active when he sees me tho. Probably because I didnt give him treats today or play with him? He’s just sorta jumpy but he’s not shaking or scared IMO

Back