Bunny Nicknames...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenk

Reaction score
I've a neverending list of nicknames for my girls. Below is just a sampling of my favorites. (Two of them I can't/ won't divulge, though; I intend to market a children's book about them.)

Zoe:

Zoe Bug (ZOH-bug--Her vertical ears remind me ofa bug'santennae.)

Zoe-Zoe (ZOH-ZOH--a term of endearment.)

Zoers (ZOH-ers--another term of endearment.)

Emma:

Freilein Emma (I imagine her barking orders with a German accent.)

The Queen of Flop (She can flop down like nobody's business.)

Fuzzer Butt and Fuzzer Face (Her coat is thicker, more wooly-ish than Zoe's.)

So what do you call your bunnies and why?

Onion - Stinker

Onion gets into trouble at every opportunity.

Ansel - Witchy Woman

Ansel is my "wild child" and not very people friendly.

Aiden - Brat

Aiden thinks he owns the world and expects to get his way, always!

Holiday - Hobo

He's a freeloader who just wants to hang around and be appreciated.

Ibimi - Bimms or Berry

She was as plump as a berry when I got her. "Ibimi" is another name for the cranberry.

Genelle - Nell, Nelle, Baby Girl

She's the baby girl I took from my old neigbors.

Your old neighbors never did suspect did they? :thumbup

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has nicknames for them! LOL! Their real names are in parenthesis:

Bo (Bo Bunny): Boo, BoBo, Brat, Turd, Mommy's little boy, Mommy's good boy, Mama's bunner boy, You little S*** (when he bites)

Clover (CloverBunny): Cwovabunneh, DaWiiiildBunneh, Da Cwovabunneh, You little Witch! (when she goes after Bo or kicks him out of his own cage!)

Tony (Tony Stewart the bunny formerly known as Heidi): Tony Bunneeee, Tony Baloney, Tony Bayoni,Da Baloney Bunneh! (we know it's spelled bologna but it doesn't look right :) )TonyButt, Butthead, You little S**** (when he's being a brat), You little Sneak! (when he escapes)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
(Tony Stewart the bunny formerly known as Heidi):
My mom's name is Toni Stewart (Stewart is my last name). I just thought that was funny.

My bunnies have a bajillion names, but I'll spare you and only share a sampling of their nicknames.

William: Willy-boy, Will-I-Am, Willster, Sir Cassanova the Ladies Man :biggrin2:.

Ruby: Ruby-duby-doo, Rubers, Rubester, Ruby Tuesday, Meatloaf, and Duck. (Meatloaf and Duck are used interchangably since she loves to lay like, well, a loaf or a duck - he he!)

Potter McBunny: Pottsie, Potterstown USA, Potato <-- I don't know why.

Silvie: Silvs, Silvster, Silvia.

Einstein: Einey, Einster, Albert, Steiner, Genius. (Just a fact: Einstein is not at all like his namesake, Albert Einstein. He's no rocket scientist, that's for sure!)

Arlyn: Argyle, Chubbs, Chubster.

Mariah: Mar, Riah, Rye-Rye.

Hope & Faith: Bebe, Babes, Babesters, Babies, Girly-girls, Popcorns, Binksters, Bebe Bunnehs, Cutie Patooties.

This was a cute thread :D.

Winnie-

winchesca (her full name), peaches, silly rabbit, princess, girly

Pantoulfe-

ma petite, lil'bit (at only 2 pounds, in comparison to winnie's 6 and toulouse's 4, he is just a little bit of a rabbit)

Toulouse-

Sean Connery, leo (first name we picked for him), mammit (his original name), henry (as he is named after henry toulouse. . . http://ibiblio.net/wm/paint/auth/toulouse-lautrec/)

Bo got a new one this morning: Pancake - He was laying flat on his upper level and it just looked like someone had flopped a pancake over there LOL!

Tony Stewart is my son anddaughter's favorite NASCAR driver

when i named Jamie(for the 3ard time.....)i wanted something cute but still boyish. soi settled on Jamie. then one time he was really bad, and i thought, "Jamie is some times short for James, and he's beening a trouble maker, just like James Potter!" so that's how his main nickname came into being. i call him James Potter mostly only when he's being bad. he's also mommy's bunner boy, twinkle toes, scamp, big foot and anything else i can think of! but he knows when he hears James Potter!that he's in trouble!

For Baxter! - Mr. Flufferbutt; he's getting a big hind end which I adore, especially as when "he found me" he was just all skin and bones..

Also kitten or muffin - but I call everyone I like kitten or muffin(much to my Boss' dismay)

I call all my rabbits "Bubba" but I wasn't sure why until in realised tht is what my dad calls me and he always used to as well when i was small!
I also call...
Nibbles:
Nibby
Nibs
Nibsy

Dippy:
Dips
Dippy Dippy Do
DooDoo

Fluffball:
Fluffbum
Fluff

I don't have many nicknames for Ronnie. I think that's because he came to us already named Ronnie...it's not a name I would have picked for him so I can't come up with too many nicknames to call him. So for Ronnie it's:

Ronsie
Ronzilla
Rons

For Billy, this is how his nicknames progressed:

Billy Bunny
Bills-lee
Bills-worth
Bill-solomew (pronounced like Bartholomew)
Bill-sol (pronounced like Lysol, and short for Billsolomew)

and only time will tell where they will go from here...;)

Okay well I have a lot to put here! So here we go:

Savannah: Savvy, Sav-Sav, Savy-anna, Anna, Vannah, Sa-vannie (my neice and nephew gave her the nickname sa-vannie)

Willow: Wii, Wi-low, Wii wii, Will

Mississipi: Sippi (we mostly call him Sippi so that is kinda his real name now.) Sipster, Sipman, Sip-Sip, Lil' Dino

Artie: Art, Artman, Artbud, Artan

Autumn: Autti, Autumn-Autumn, Rosebug, Rose (Rose is her middle name)

Bruce: Brucey, Boo

Magic-Star: Madge, Magee, (mostly we call him Magic) Madge-Madge, I know he has more i just can't remember them all.

Kalea-Rae: (mostly we call her kalea) Rae, Baby-Rae, Lea, Lea-Rae

Lily: Lils, Lil

Those are me and my sister's buns and their nicknames!

Zakura the Killer Rabbit
-Zakura (rather obvious)
-Girly (because she's female)
-kitty (because....er...)
-Zaku (shortened of Zakura)
-Monster-bun (because she is)

Sasuke the Legendary Black Beast
-Sasuke (obvious too)
-Sasu (shortened of Sasuke)
-My boy (because he's male)
-Idiot (when he keeps me up at night)

Vestkystens Romance told by Aroma (the only bun who've I've actually yelled her full name trying to get her to come)
-Aroma (her personal name)
-Roma (shortended of Arama)
-Mom (because she is)
-Girly (same reason as with Zakura)

The babies (unnamed as of yet)
-Niko (if the biggest kit is male, (which he looks like) he'll be named Niko Rusakko)
-Snowy (my albino kit, because he's white)
-Whitey (same kit, same reason)
-Snowball (loved child has many names...)
-Fatso (about the biggest kit...because he's fat)

These names are all so cool,
its wierd they just come out then they sort of stick!
Thats how Dippy got the name Dippy becuase whenever she is exploring somewhere new she dipped her head up and down really dramaticly!
Fluffball did it too but Dippy was so funny to watch
Dippy could of been :
Pop
or Heidi
but Dippy is best!

What a relief to know I am not crazy. All of our 14 animals have tons of nicknames...and each has his/her own theme song.

Bunny nicknames:

Gingivere: Gingi, Gin Gin, Ginnie, Ginsala Binsala, Gingivere Pingivere, Gingi Binge, Gingi Beer, Gin Bin, Queen Gingi, Veerie Bean

Emmaline: Emm, Emmie, Liney, Lina Bina,Line Line, Ezmaline, Emm Bem, Ezmie Girl, Ezzy

Pipkin: Pip, Pippy, Pipper Doodle, Pipskin, The Pipster, Pipola, P Man

Captain Snow: Cap'n, Cap, Cappers, Cappy, Capiello (our kittie vet's last name - lol), Capiello Fellow, Snowman, Snowbunny, Snowbird, Snow, Snowster Bowster

...And anything else that rolls off my tongue when I am talking to them.

Sure glad this thread got started. Makes me feel more "normal."

~Mary Ellen

juliew19673 wrote:
I LOVE the idea of a theme song for your buns - that is too funny and would love to hear one..:trio

lol It all started with our first cat, Rebound. He would come running & meowing if you would sing to him. Ever animal who since entered our home has gotten his/her own song.

Hmmmm....should I suggest to Gary that he videotape me while I feed the buns? I think it might be pretty scary...at least to me.

I call mine Mr. or Miss Stinker, mostly, hehe!!

Maisie: Miss Maisie, Princess Maisie, Mimi, Meemers
Flower: FlowerButt, Flower Bower, Flower Petal, Sugar Bunny
Trixie: Trixie Dixie, Twixie, Butterfly Bunny, Diva Extraordinarie, Stuffybun
SweetPea: Sweepy, Dancing Bunny, Daddy's Girl, Pinky
Fiver: Mr. Boofimous Maximus, Boofy Boy, Mr. Boofy Bottom, Fiver Dollbaby
Teeny: Mr. Teeny BOB (Big Ol' Boy/Buck/Bunny), Hunk and a Half, Hunky Butt
Cuddles: Miss Softy Pants, Cutie Patootie, Sweetie Pie
Velveteen: Handsome Blue Eyes, Mr. Handsome Pants, Hunkie Bun, Mr. Softums

Don't have any nicknames for Teddy yet, as he's not yet home with us...but I'm sure we'll have plenty!

We do plenty of songs, too...but right at this moment, I can't think of them! LOL...

We're a silly trio of humans, I tell ya! :D

Bunnicula wrote:
What a relief to know I am not crazy. All of our 14 animals have tons of nicknames...and each has his/her own theme song.
I do something similar: I insert Zoe's name (actually her nicknameZOH)into any song containing an OH sound. A few examples:

I changed Joey (in a song by the same name) to Zoe in Concrete Blonde's work.

I changed Spider Pig (a song in The Simpsons' Movie) to Zolar Pig. ("Zolar Pig, Zolar Pig. Does whatever a Zolar Pig does.")

And so on... The possibilities are endless. :biggrin2:

Zin : Z or bunny girl

RS : Randy Stewie or bunny boy

and they are both called bunnies or bunner babies or mommys babies(my kids hate that because they said i am not a rabbit)

RS is called stewie when he is looking evil and Randy when he is lookin cute but mostly hes just RS

Latest posts

Back