Bunny Needs Home - Special Needs (Southwest OH)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BiterBunny

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have posted about my boy a few times, and I'm happy to say he's come a very long way since we got him. He does not lunge as much, and is not biting as badly. He has malocclusion and gets his teeth trimmed every 4-6 weeks. Because of this, we have been unable to find him a suitable home with friends or family and I'm turning to you in hopes of matching him to someone patient and king.

Bunny was rescue via a family friend who found their neighbors' rabbit out and about. When the neighbors told her to just let her cats get it, she took him in. It came to light that he'd been kept in a small hutch and the kids had used to shoot pellets at him for fun. So he was very distrusting of people. He has come a long way, and is NOT aggressive outside of his cage. He's very explorative and quite inquistive and curious.

He is a relatively small bunny, and our vet's have estimated him at around 3 years old or so. He weighs about 8 pounds, and is thought to be a dwarf/hotot mix. He's about 90% litter box trained, and eats very well. He is VERY patient about getting his teeth and nails trimmed, does not bite, and sits quietly. I think if you were comfortable doing it at home, you'd have no trouble. I'm not confident in my abilities, so he goes to our vet.

I am working, trying to finish school, and trying to take care of ill family members and everything is very overwhelming. Local rescues are full, and I don't want to burden them further. If I can't find hima home, he'll stay here, but I know that it would be better for both of us if he could find an experienced or adventurous beginner owner willing to work with him.

There's no adoption fee. He is not neutered, but there is a local mobile unit that does rabbit neuters inexpensively and I'd chip in for that to happen before he goes to his new home if someone would prefer him neutered. I've been meaning to have it done for awhile, but bills on top of bills have caused us to push it back.

I'm in the Dayton area and can't drive far but I think I could get a small train together if someone a bit further really wants him.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions, I'll answer the best I can. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back