bunny nail colours

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wafflyroo

Reaction score
hey guys :) I've been trying to research online with no luck in finding an answer to this..
is there a nail colour that rabbits are "supposed" to have? I have read that for showing purposes.. certain rabbits need to have certain nail colours..
does anyone have any extra information regarding this?
thanks heaps! :)

Yes there are different standards for different breeds. In most instances, dark coloured rabbits will have dark nails, and light coloured rabbited will have lighter nails. Rabbits that have a mixture of dark and light fur patches can have both dark and light nails. Nail colour is a fault, but it really depends on the breed and the sometimes the colour within that breed and even the country's breed standard as to whether it's considered a fault or not.

Is there a particular breed you're wondering about?

was just wondering for my newborn.
so the dad is an agouti chocolate netherland dwarf cross with black nails and mum is chinchilla pure netherland dwarf with black nails..
I've noticed the little baby's nails are clear/white at the moment (day8).. this won't change colour anymore aye?

seems like it is very similar coloured to the father.. so from what I can see at the moment.. agouti chocolate?
but this is the first time dealing with baby bunnies, so I could be wrong since the fur hasn't completely grown out yet..

Latest posts

Back