Bunny moved to my room

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristinpsc

Reaction score
I recently moved back to my parents house after college and therefor had to my Max into my room. At my apartment she was out in the living room, but my parents wantme to keep her in my room, now i cant sleep with her in there. She has always bite on the cage but not bad, not its every morning wihtout fail around 5:15am and she will not stop. What is the deal and how can i stop her any ideas? Is it just cause she can see me now and thinks its time to play or what, But its VERy frusterating. any thought??

Kristin

Is there something you can hang over the cage (like a blanket)that she can't reach to chew on?

Try mounting a hay rack full of hay on the door.

Wear ear plugs or run a fan to help drown out the noise she's making.

Hopefully, others will be able to throw out some good ideas.

Pam

Agh no! I use to have to put up with my hamsters in their squicky wheels all night. I just got use to it, but if your frustrated about it then im not sure. She may give up after a while?

Or feed her just before you turn your light off, so she can be occupied with eating while you try and sleep. I dont know what else to do!

my bun does that too every morning around 6. i think it is their way of saying "hey, get up lazy ass, i want to play with you!" soooo cute!!!! :bunnydance: but if i am really sleepy, i will just use ear plugs. they work very well. then after i do get up, i will let the bun out and play with him.

Pam gave some good suggestions that will hopefully work for you. My max used to make noise all night...but that was when he was a baby...but I know how it can keep you up!

Putting a blanket over the cage is a good idea. Also, the hay idea works and putting more toys and chewie stuff in there will give her something to do rather than chew the bars. Natural straw/seaweed mats on the flooring work well too to keep them busy.

Another idea: is she litter box trained? If so, can you let her out to run at night? My room is bunny-proofed and my boys just run around all night. This way they're not clamouring around in their cage.

Hope this helps!

-Haley

PS....the fan idea works great for blocking out bunny (and other)noise!

thank you all so much for the great suggestions, i will try anything i have not be able to sleep past 6 in a while. Im going to try everything and i really hope it works, and i need to work on bunny proofing in here because i think that will be a huge help. what does everyone do with their wires? I have a computer in here so there are tons of wires. thanks again

Kristen:

For the wires, I always try to string anything up at a higher level, if possible. Move any equipment up on top of something, out of reach.

Also, I use this thick plastic ribbed tubing to put protect my wires (and my bunny). Im not sure what its called, but you can find it at Autozone or other hardware/home improvement stores. The stuff I bought was pretty cheap at Autozone. Its a type of tubing used in trailers to cover wires that are exposed. It has a long slit down it, so you can just slide the wires right it. This stuff really helps.

Hope this helps!

-Haley

Back