Bunny Metabolism Question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaileyBoy

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have an interesting question that I'm hoping some of you may be able to help solve.

My bunny has been taking Advantage flea treatment monthly.

However, when I visited the vet to pick up some antibiotics for him (for a different condition), they gave us a huge dose. When we asked why, they told us that bunnies have a higher/quicker metabolism.

... So if bunnies have a high metabolism, does it mean that the Advantage could be taken more regularly for a better effect on his parasites?

Any answers/comments would be much appreciated. My bunny is hating his fleas right now!:rabbithop

Yes rabbits have a faster metabolish.
But its still important to dose all medications correctly. They are not dogs or cats.
Ive seen so many people have issues with advantage being totally useless after 2-3 weeks.
I wont touch the stuff myself. Seems like a waste of money. Even in clinic clients were always getting upset about its lack of effectiveness.

What else are you doing to get rid of the fleas?
Environment? Other animals?
If its a current infestation i would use capstar then revolution accordingly (18mg/kg). Unsure on capstar dosage.

Latest posts

Back