Bunny meet Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetShuga

Reaction score
I recently bought a bunny (and love her so), but I feel guilty when I'm not home all the time accompanying her. She seems to enjoy herself most times, and there typically is someone home (though they're busy working so she doesn't get much attention then). She has free roam of the house and I usually go home for lunch so I can give her a couple pets then and then spend the evening with her.

I am planning on getting another bunny (a holland lop), my current bunny is dward/lionhead cross. Any suggestions as to how I should introduce them? My biggest worry are the poops. If i suddenly introduce a new bunny, my current bunny (who is not that tidy with poops in the first place), is going to go marking her territory like crazy.

Lol thanks Nancy...yes patience is a virtue.

I am getting my bunny spayed soon, but the new one won't be old enough yet. Should I keep them separate and just allow them time together with supervision?

How sweet your getting another bun.. But yes, you cannot allow them together until both are fixed.

One would not be and would confuse the other who has been.

You will need to "Bond" them AFTER the last one is fixed and has some time to convelence.

Look in the library here - great articles on bonding buns.

Post back, how its going. Good luck!!

So I had them separate the first couple days to make sure they weren't going to kill each other. Mocha (my first bun) was curious like crazy sniffing that whole area. I finally introduced them and they seemed to get along fine (sniffing at each other).
I put their cages beside one another encircled with a playpen and they really enjoyed scoping each others' places out. I can close off Mocha's cage when I want to keep them separate.
Today they both somehow escaped and Mocha has been chasing the new bun around all morning, sniffing her bum, trying to mount her (my bf asked "Are you sure Mocha's a girl?") i'm guessing she's just trying to show her dominancy, though I will get that checked out (no signs of humping yet).
The person who sold me my new bun told me she was 4 months old. It turns out when I asked him for a more specific date he said May 24th which means she's only a little over 3 months (so this'll be tricky with getting her spayed soon enough).
For the time being, can they still play together?
and how do I keep the new bun from influencing Mocha to forget her potty training?

ACK! After I noticed more humping from Mocha, I decided to double check that she is indeed a girl. I can never check her on my own because she won't go into a trance, so my BF held her while I took a peek.

SHE IS DEFINITELY A BOY!

Now all the affection and peeing/pooping everywhere makes sense. I also noticed that there were sometimes streams along with puddles showing that he has been spraying.

There goes the bunny playmate part since now I have to keep them separate until Mocha gets neutered and Choo spayed. Could it be possible she may be prego's already? She is a little over 3 months.

Keep an eye on Choo. She will build a nest just before kindling. It is possible but I don't think that Choo is pregnant, although keep an eye on her. Sweetie and Prince got together when they were around 3 months old and I thought that Sweetie was pregnant but waited 35 days and she didn't have any babies so I knew that she wasn't pregnant.

Latest posts

Back