Bunny Meducations

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeorgiaGirl322

Reaction score
Hello everyone. It has been a while since I have been on but i do have s question. My husband and I raise silkie bantam chickens and a few of the newly hatched are showing signs of Coccisidiosis. We went to the feed store and bought some Corid solution to treat them. My question is this: Is it contagious to my buns, ducks, geese, and other chickens? And if so what can i do from spreading it? Also, what do i administer to my buns, should they start showing symptoms? Can i use Corid on them as well?

Thanks in advance,
Tasha

You need to dose your whole flock. Its what goes in the water right? Dose all the birds according to the package. As for the rabbit, i don't know if its contagious to rabbits, you should call a vet and just ask them. If it is, they may suggest something else to use for the bun.

Each species of Coccidia is generally specific to the host and even to what part of the host it's in. I would definitely treat all of your chickens though.

All of the ones that recently hatched are inside and they have been medicated. My buns stay outside so I'm pretty sure they are safe. I was just inquiring. Normally when we buy meds we make sure its universal for all our babies. I just didnt know if you could give Corid to buns. It seems tjat the cocci passes in chickens through devalued droppings and waterers. In light of that nasty diease, we wash hands throughly before moving to next batch of babies.

Back