Bunny Medical Insurance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyMommy

Reaction score
Does anyone here have bunny medical insurance to help cover the costs of major veterinary services, i.e. surgeries, etc.

If so, would you please give a recommendation of your insurance company?

Hi Bunnymommy,

I don't have it, but your vet should be able to give you some leads.I've always thought it was a good idea and was going to check into it,but the animal hospital I go to just stopped accepting it. Not surewhy. Last I looked into it, there was A Lot of fine print, and in theend, I didn't think it was very good coverage.

Good inquiry, we'll see if anyone has a company that would be good todeal with. When you do, make sure your vet will accept it.

-Carolyn

Last I semi-seriously investigated it, theparticulars were about $100.00 per bun, no group rates';$500.00 deductibleeach bun; no pre-existingconditions permitted, so it didn't seem very prudent, with six buns atthe time, to purchase it.

With only one bun, it may have been very worthwhile for we spent agreat deal of money on Missy's relatively recent surgery. I'msure you're finding out how expensively medical care for rabbits is,what with Sherman's current condition and necessity for medication.

Buck

Yes, Buck, we've been floored at the cost of bunnymedical care (although to be fair our hamster and dogs had healthymedical expenses in the past too).

We took Sherman to an animal emergency room the other night and thetotal bill came to $171.08. If I remember correctly, he wasonly there for an hour and a half! The antibiotic alone was$25 for only 10 ml!

We anticipate that at some point in the future he will probably have tohave some kind of surgery, so we're gearing up for the expense of that,whether it be through insurance or savings.

Back