Bunny making weird noises?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jovnn

Reaction score
My bunny started making these weird robot-like noises about 2-3 days ago and I’m not sure if she’s in pain or how it came to be. I’ve been hearing her make these noises usually around times when I’m about to feed her pellets or snacks and she gets super excited but never made noises like this before. They’re a bit like grunts but sound like robots LOL. Has anyone else experienced this with their buns and should I be worried or is she just excited?

I have a video of her making these noises but I’m new here and not sure how/if I can post it 😖

Last edited:
If it’s just started and only during food time it might just her being super exited. Some bunnies do sounds when they are happy. I had a girl that always made sounds all the time 🤣

But still keep an eye up and see if there are other symptomes. For example sounds when breathing, wet noise, more tired and so on. Just to rule out that there something wrong with her. Because a respiratory infection can cause a bunny to sound and a few other diseases.

If it’s just started and only during food time it might just her being super exited. Some bunnies do sounds when they are happy. I had a girl that always made sounds all the time 🤣

But still keep an eye up and see if there are other symptomes. For example sounds when breathing, wet noise, more tired and so on. Just to rule out that there something wrong with her. Because a respiratory infection can cause a bunny to sound and a few other diseases.
I really hope she’s just excited! Recently we’ve let her free roam around the entire house whereas before she was just limited to my room; however, she tries to eat everything in sight! I’m hoping she hasn’t nibbled on anything that can be harmful. She also came from a bad situation (6 bunnies in one cage kinda thing) and has a history with syphilis which comes and goes but seems like it’s been super calm and under control lately. She’s still acting the same for the most part but is eating a little bit less than before as she used to eat her meal in one sitting but lately she’s been eating a little and going back to roam around the house but always comes back and finishes her meals eventually.

I really hope she’s just excited! Recently we’ve let her free roam around the entire house whereas before she was just limited to my room; however, she tries to eat everything in sight! I’m hoping she hasn’t nibbled on anything that can be harmful. She also came from a bad situation (6 bunnies in one cage kinda thing) and has a history with syphilis which comes and goes but seems like it’s been super calm and under control lately. She’s still acting the same for the most part but is eating a little bit less than before as she used to eat her meal in one sitting but lately she’s been eating a little and going back to roam around the house but always comes back and finishes her meals eventually.

How do your bunnies droppings look like, sometimes changes of droppings can tell early signs if somethings wrong or if the bunny have eaten something they shouldn’t. Myself always look at my bunnies droppings every day, just to see if everythings okay with them 😊

How do your bunnies droppings look like, sometimes changes of droppings can tell early signs if somethings wrong or if the bunny have eaten something they shouldn’t. Myself always look at my bunnies droppings every day, just to see if everythings okay with them 😊
Her droppings look the same but I have noticed that lately she’s been doing her business outside of her litter boxes more frequently but I assumed it’s because she hasn’t been spayed yet. I live in a small area where there’s not any vets specifically for rabbits but I do take her to VCA All Creatures for checkups so I will contact them and hopefully they’ll be able to figure out if there’s anything I should be worried about. 😥

Her droppings look the same but I have noticed that lately she’s been doing her business outside of her litter boxes more frequently but I assumed it’s because she hasn’t been spayed yet. I live in a small area where there’s not any vets specifically for rabbits but I do take her to VCA All Creatures for checkups so I will contact them and hopefully they’ll be able to figure out if there’s anything I should be worried about. 😥

She’s not spayed then it can all be the reason why she make sounds and going outside the litter box.

But it can be good to do a check up when it’s something new 😊

Latest posts

Back