Bunny making strange grunting noises

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnies4504

Reaction score
Hello
My rabbit has been making some strange grunting noise with each breath, and it's not the normal bunny grunting because it's constant. I'm wondering if it's teeth grinding too, but it sounds more like grunting coming from his nose and it comes with each breath. I'm hoping she's not sick or in pain. Any help??

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Id get him checked out at the vet just in case. This happened with my 5 week old bunny just a few days ago now and I left it overnight but it didn't improve.. it turned out she had pneumonia but we got it sorted just in time. She seems to be doing well now. It might be nothing but always best to get these things checked out.

If your rabbit is grunting when it breathes, and maybe also showing signs of breathing difficulty, you need to get him to a vet right away. It could potentially be something very serious and need immediate treatment.

The grunting is gone now, I'm so glad :) she must of had a bit of a cold. Thanks so much for the advice really appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Rabbit Forum

Back