Bunny loves eating native Ontario wildflowers- safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveCrumb

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My bun loves to go outside and nibble on grass and dandelions. I make sure to monitor his droppings and see if there are any changes.

Recently, however, a bunch of wild flowers have cropped up in my yard, and he loves these as well, but I'm not sure if they're safe to eat. I tried to find the flowers online, and I believe they are a wildflower native to Ontario called the "small flowered crowfoot," which is a member of the buttercup family. Wild buttercups are known to be toxic and can cause digestive problems in grazing horses and cows, and blisters in their mouths.

I immediately became concerned and went to check my bunny again, but he seems perfectly fine. His droppings are normal and he's not in any pain. I know that rabbits can eat poison ivy as well, so I figure this is maybe the same sort of case?

If he is behaving normally and his droppings are normal, should I still be concerned? Should I still let him eat the flowers?

Latest posts

Back