Bunny life spans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruka

Reaction score
I apologize if there's already a thread aboutthis, but I did a search and couldn't find the answers I was seeking. Ihave heard of bunnies living for less than a year to ten years. I wouldlike my girls to live long and healthy lives. I know intenstineblockage is very common,so mygirls get a hay buffeteveryday to help prevent it from happening. I don't want to over-do thepineapple, so is there something else besides hay I could givedaily/weekly to keep those intestines blockage-free?

What are some other(common or not)preventablediseases/problems and what can I do to help prevent premature death?

For you experienced bunny lovers, what was your bunnies' average lifespan? It seems as though lately there has been quite a few unexpecteddeaths and I am worried about my rabbits along with everyone else's.Once again, I'm sorry if this topic has been posted before.

Hi ruka !

It sounds like you are doing everything correctly to keep you buns healthy.

GI Statis is more common this time of year. Please check the thread on the first page. Lots of useful information.

Rabbits have various life spans, some breeds may live longer than others etc...

There is a thread here somewhere on the oldest rabbit. I think somebodyposted that they read one rabbit lived until it was 18, now thats old!!!

As long as you are aware of your rabbits needs, and the do's anddont's, I cannot see why your rabbits cannot live to a happy old age.

One of my sisters rabbits lived for 13 or 14 years so he was 13 when he died.

Also giving your rabbit some Pumpkin Puree everynow and then will make sure he/she doesn't have a blockage. It is 100%Pumpkin, call Pumpkin Puree in a big can with a slice of pumpkin pie.You can buy it at the food store. Only give twice a week and only atable spoon. And it does help rabbits with blockages orconsipation.

Cleo

Latest posts

Back