Bunny language!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neejchee

Reaction score
We all know of course that our precious bunnies have some obvious methods of communication with us, like reaching up for cuddles, licking to show affection, thumping to show anger and little nips to say "Oi! Get your fat but out of my way! This is my couch!"

Do your rabbits have any other, perhaps less instinctive methods of communication with you? Mine use their toys to tell me they want something. When they're inside if they want more pellets they will drop a plastic toy into the ceramic dish, and if I don't immediately respond with food they do it again but throw the toy harder to make a louder noise. They do the same thing with their outside litter trays, putting a toy in the tray as soon as it reaches a certain soiling level, which I have learned means they will no longer eat the hay in it because there's too much pee or poop in there.

Any other clever/cheeky and demanding buns out there? :wave:

When I clean Thumper's cage I also give him fresh water which I do everyday. When he wants attention which is every time he will push his way between me and the outside of his cage where his water dish attaches. I have to screw on two wing nuts. By pushing himself between me and them he affectively stops my process. He squeezes in, lays down and silently says "let the nose rubs commence".

Latest posts

Back