Bunny is peeing on me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Merf

Reaction score
My bunny, Dopey, recently started peeing on my husband and I (more so on me) and on our couch. This is way out of his character!?! He was recently treated for urine scalding. I spoke with his vet about a week ago about the peeing and she put him on oral antibiotics. But now I'm wondering if he could sense my pregnancy (11 weeks pregnant)? Is it possible he's jealous and/or "marking" his territory? Other than the peeing he's been acting fine... but he has been more affectionate with me. Dopey wants to constantly sit on my lap/tummy.

Any advice, feedback, or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Ps. Dopey is a 7 year old neutered male (mini lop).

I can't offer any advice but following post as my rabbit keeps peeing on the sofa too.
Congratulations on pregnancy 👶

It's quite possible he's feeling uneasy and insecure - rabbits are very good at picking up on changes in their humans. He may be just making sure that you and your husband, and the places where you most often are, are clearly marked as his.

When Natasha Rabbitova first came to live with me she used to pee on me and on my couch, too, even though her litter habits were otherwise perfect. For a few months I had to sit with a towel over a plastic bag on my lap, and put puppy training pads on the couch. Once she became comfortable with living with me, the peeing stopped. It was just a matter of time to allow her to realize that this was to be her forever home and she wouldn't be uprooted again.

Latest posts

Back