Bunny is Lethargic and limping

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edcol

Reaction score
I have a 10 year old dwarf rabbit who has been very healthy and active. He is now very lethargic and favoring his left front paw. A few weeks ago, my wife stepped on his paw, he favored it for a couple of days and then seemed fine. Two weeks ago he started favoring it again and was very lethargic. After a few days he returned to his normal frisky and active state, not limping at all. Yesterday he started holding his paw up and became lethargic again. His appetite is still good, he is eating and drinking. We feed him fresh parsley, dandelion leaves, alfalfa and timothy hay and pellets. I have felt his paw, he does not pull away, so he doesn't seem in pain. Anybody have any ideas?

Since this has been going on for awhileI would take him to a rabbit knowledgeable vet and get his paw x-rayed. The lethargy may be a pain response.

Just to close the circle. We took him to Dr Barry Baum at the Center Sinai Animal Hospital in West LA. He had a fever and Dr. B gave him a shot of antibiotic and anti inflammitory. Tarzan has been recovering, eating and drinking (and pooping). He is on a course of antibiotic drops and is regaining his perky disposition. He is still a bit warm, and has a way to go, but is improving and I am sure he will fully recover. I cannot say enough nice things about Dr. Barry, he has a fine, gentile touch and a true concern for his patients. Anyone in West Los Angeles who has need of a bunny vet, I highly recommend the Center Sinai Clinic on Venice Blvd. Thanks for your concern.

Latest posts

Back