Bunny insurance

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AnnaS

Reaction score
Does anybody have a health insurance for their bunnies? In case they need a surgery.

And for people from Canada, how much is it?

Both Pernod and Perry have insurance - £13 (about26 CAD$) each, paid monthly. We think it's really worth it,as my first rabbit, Fudge, had problems before she passed away, and itcost over £400(about 950 CAD$). I don't know how much insurance wouldbe over there_ Jan

I'm not sure about insurance in Ontario, Anna,but I haven't looked into it. I am going into the vet next Friday, I'llask and post a response for you.

When Chompers was fixed, it was around $90 total, between the exam andmeds. When Abby was spayed, it was $200, plus $50 for a consultationvisit before the surgury. We are getting our third rabbit, Valura,fixed next Friday and I'm not sure how much that'll cost yet. Less thanAbby I'm sure.

Jeez, after writing all that, I'm really curious now!

I don't know about insurance but one of themembers, BunnyMommy, was looking into it for Sherman a while back butshe threw the idea away. I guess you have to really read the fine printbecause they don't cover a lot of important things and it's not worththe money.

Hi, everyone. Actually I decided to getthe insurance. I haven't had to use it yet, but I think thatit's going to prove to be worthwhile.

I went with VPI. Here's the website:

www.petinsurance.com

Hope this helps! :)

Oops. I thought you didn't. Now I'm embarassed! :shock:Well, lol, take it from BunnyMommy then, she did her research.

Don't be embarrassed at all,MyBunnyBoys. We did a lot of researching on that thread andgoing back and forth as you'll remember. It was alittle confusing. :)

Back