Bunny in pet store

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel

Reaction score
I've already talked to Randy, but I wondered if anyone had any ideas of what it was and if anyone else around here knew of any places that take in domesticated buns.

So I went to my local pet store where I know the people really well. When I came in, they had just gotten a new shipment of bunnies the day before and were having issues. They normally get the bunnies in at 8 weeks and they're normally all girls. They also normally get them straight from the vet. Well this shipment had gone somewhere else before coming to the store. They recieved 3 bunnies who were MUCH bigger than the rest. They put them all together and later on, one of the employees noticed one bun was humping the others. She went and picked the bun up and saw testes. So she seperated him from the others and that's when I came in.

They were telling me about it, so I asked to see him (he was in the back) so I could look him over and compare him. I wanted to see if he was the same size as the females, because then I was going to warn them about possible pregnancy because of the mounting. Well, I flipped him over and sure enough he had testes. He also had a VERY swollen upper area.

male_tube.jpg

That area( the area in the picture, I just used a pic I found on the internet) was rounded and a dark pink and the area between the top and bottom was a DARK pink, red color. His fur was also sticking to the area.

I felt sooo awful for him. So I did the first thing I could think of, I called Randy. So Randy gave me a few numbers which I tried to get in touch with and couldn't.

The pet store is keeping him tonight, but tomorrow I'm going to go back when the manager is in and see if they'll let me have him to take to a rescue. The woman I talked with tonight said that they would probably just let me have him and that way I'd be able to take him to a rescue and get him the help he needed. I'd love to have more info about what he might have tomorrow and HOPEFULLY have a place where I could go.

So any suggestions about what it could be and anyone in the area who may know a place I could take them would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks guys!!

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

You probably would know better than me...but I believe there is a rescue in Durham?
I don't know how good a place it is...but I recall seeing something about it somewhere...I could try to search it up again if you like?

If you could remember the name that'd be awesome, Randy mentioned it, but I couldn't remember the name. He also said he couldn't find a number though and that everything seemed to happen through the web... which would suck, because he needs immediate attention I'm pretty sure.

Anything in Raleigh would be great as well. :) Thanks

Hazel wrote:
If you could remember the name that'd be awesome, Randy mentioned it, but I couldn't remember the name. He also said he couldn't find a number though and that everything seemed to happen through the web... which would suck, because he needs immediate attention I'm pretty sure.

Anything in Raleigh would be great as well. :) Thanks

I'm looking for the link I was at yesterday now...I will see what I can come up with.

Bird's Nest Rabbit Rescue 1806 Wills Avenue
raleigh, North Carolina27608
Phone: 919-828-2031
Email: [email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------

http://www.secondchancenc.org/
----------------------------------------------------

APS of Orange County ... We Make Friends for Life!
Located at The APS Felicité Latané Animal Sanctuary
6311 Nicks Road , Mebane
Just off Mebane Oaks Road, a quick ride from Hwy 54 or I-40/85

Adoption Center: 304-2300
Nick's Road Vet Clinic: 304-2337
-----------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.animall.org/
----------------------------------------------------------------

that was some of what I found and also...I think this link is where I saw a rescue in Durham. I wish I hadn't cleared my history now...

http://www.adoptapet.com/directory/US/NC/NAME/1

I hope that helps some..poor guy :(

Thanks. I'm trying to find a place that I know will take him straight to the vet and most likely pay for him to be neutered.

He's such a beauty, I feel so bad for him. He's a rex with beautiful rex fur and everything. Black with otter(i guess to call it) trim. He's beautiful.

I feel so awful for him, :(

Sorry I couldn't be more help...I barely know where anything is in Raleigh much less Chapel hill or Durham... :(

Awesome! I assume this is why he is headed to the pet superstore?

Its getting late...I don't know if I will be making it to be honest. I was hoping to, but I have been dragged butt. I am still feeling so crappy. I will call your cell though if I make it.

Latest posts

Back