Bunny Houses

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsy12

Reaction score
My rabbit house im really simple has a 40x60 cm sleeping area with door to lock her in a night (she lives outside) and the outdoor space 60x1m with bird wire foor roof and side

Both of my girls are house bunnies. Right now they aren't bonded so Samson my lionhead has most of the house and I have the living room and kitchen sectioned off for Lady.

That seems to be a very small cage with not very much protection from the weather. Can you post some pictures if you have any? Bunnies need at least enough space to hop about 3 times in a row and space to stand

For confining a rabbit overnight you really want about 12' square eg 4'x3' (120cm x 90cm) or 6'x2' (180cm x 60 cm). Then a large exercise area a minimum of around 6'x4' (180cm x 120xm).. preferably either larger or with additional time in an area even bigger so the can really run. A room indoors is ideal.

Rabbits that are confined to small spaces are prone to muscle wastage, spine deformities, sore hocks and obesity.

Most rabbits in the US are kept indoors but in the UK it's more common to have the outside. A wooden garden shed with a cat flap into a exercise run is a popular choice. Here are some pics: http://www.therabbithouse.com/gallery.asp (scroll down for outdoor housing)

Latest posts

Back