Bunny hormones!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QTbunnies

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

As you know I have had to seperate Kiara and Vitani after finding outKiara, now called Kovu,was a male. Well I dont know if thatis the reason, but Vitani is being very moody now! She is happy to cometo me and gives me her usual nose nudge (her bunnyloves )but as soon as I try to pick her up she scarpers!! I had to get her outof her cage to clean her out yesterday and she was having none of it!She grunted atme and even went for my hand!! Very veryunusualfor her,I normallyhave to try myhardest tokeep her in!!Finally I got her out andshe was fine hopping around... but then came time for her to go back inand grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :(:?Not really aggressively, justtelling me off!

I dont know whether she is or not but ive been thinking that she may bepregnant. They should have been mature for about 2-3 weeks so there isa chance she could be. I managed to have a quick feel of her tummy butthere wasnt much difference apart from it felt a little fuller thanusual but not much (couldnt really tell anyway, she wasnt veryimpressed). She has been eating more to come to think of it. Her bowlis emptying faster and she is drinking more.

If she is then she cant be very far gone so would she be so bothered about me touching her?

Are there any signs I can look for or is it too early to tell? Like Isaid before it may just be because she thinks I have taken her awayfrom Kovu. I let them have playtime together when I was watching thembut Kovu wasnt really interested, she kept going over and licking himand he hopped away!!

If Kovu tries to mate and Vitani doesn't want anything to do with him, she's probably pregnant.

Tank rejected Bunbun the second mating. She just hopped off, so Bunbuncame over to try his luck with me....who also pushed him away. poorlover boy

Rose

HiSiobhan,

They can get more assertive as they're expecting.

The best way to tell if they're pregnant is to palpate them.Go tohttp://islandgems.net/palpating.html

Keep in mind though, sometimes those little 'marbles' (heads) are hard to feel.

Wouldn't be surprised if she is. Keep us posted.

-Carolyn

Well I madea bit of a pigs ear of theirdaily contact today!Opened Kovu's hutch and let them touchnoses as usualand then Vitani leaped out of my hands!! Shesprawled herself out of the floor of the hutch and now wont let me gether out! Kovu tried to get it on with her but I managed to keep himaway and get him out if the hutch!

She doesnt want him, justthe hutch back! So Kovu is in hercage (big indoor rabbit one)for the time being. Hes going tohave the snip in a few weeks, so they can go together after about 6weeks if Vitani isnt pregnant...

Siobhan xxx

rabbitgirl wrote:
betcha she is. Are you going to have fun, or what!!!!!

Rose

P.S. What breed are they?
If she is I hope she mothers them and stuff, i have read that young does can often use the first pregnancy as a "trial run".

I dont really know what breed they are. When Vickie got Daisy andBuster she was told they were Polish Dwarfs but they are much biggerthan polish dwarfs are supposed to be. Their ears are way long for adwarf aswell. Rex maybe...

Heres a pic of my two from when they were smaller to show their ears (pics called girls LOL!).

I have no idea what kind they are, but they are spectacularly beautiful! Are they always that white and squeaky clean?

White babies!!! White babies!!! Cool!

hehe

Rose

Latest posts

Back