Bunny having trouble walking, all vets are closed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FitzTheBun

Reaction score
I left the room for a few minutes, came back and my rabbit, Fitz was suddenly limping and falling when she tried to walk. I am bringing her to the vets as soon as they open, I just worry that she might do herself more harm by then.

I think that she got injured after falling off of her litter box, but I'm not sure. Please give any advice you might have.

It would perhaps be worth restricting her movement to a small, safe space well padded with hay until the vets open to prevent further injury and encourage her to rest.
Best of luck, I hope she's OK! 🤞❤️

It would perhaps be worth restricting her movement to a small, safe space well padded with hay until the vets open to prevent further injury and encourage her to rest.
Best of luck, I hope she's OK! 🤞❤️
Thanks. I kept her in a well cushioned space until this morning when she was walking as normal. Still bringing her to the vets, just not as urgently.

I am so glad she is doing better. My friend has a bunny who has occasional seizures but it started out as not being able to walk. She still can’t walk and is confined to a small cage with towels. They have started physical therapy and massage and she is walking a tiny bit. I am glad that is not the case here.

Back