bunny got nose torn open

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely no harm in having the vet take a look, they may have a better topical antibiotic ointment that what you already have. (Betadine is an antiseptic, not an antibiotic, so if it is truly infected you'll need both).

But I'd still guess that cleaning it with the betadine and putting on the antibiotic ointment will clear it up by vet time.

Hope so, anyway!

sas :clover:

Pipp, you're right- as of this morning there's no pus. Her appointment is in 5 1/2 hours, I'll re-evaluate in a few hours.

We're back from the vet! I decided just to take her in for the peace of mind and because her nose was a tiny bit gooey again. The vet said it looks like it's healing well but is a tiny bit infected so Kerensa will be getting .8 mL of trimeth sulfa twice a day in addition to the betadine. The vet prescribed oral antibiotics instead of an ointment because we agreed Kerensa would probably lick or wipe off the ointment. Hopefully she gets all better now! And at $75 including meds that was pretty much the cheapest vet visit we've ever had. Kerensa was of course fawned over by everyone who encountered her because she's SOOOOO cute :D

Latest posts

Back