Bunny getting pregnant

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depends on the breed and how mature the female is. As I'm waiting for my Lion Head Doe to mature, I won't put her with my male until she's at least 8-9 months. That's just my plans. But some are ready by 6-7 months.

Something you can look for is when your doe's vulva turns purple (flip her and check), or when you touch her back end and she crouches and lifts her tail, she's ready.

Wishing you luck. My way of looking at it, is don't rush the doe. Make sure she's ready. Makes it a bit easier in the long run, I would think.

K:)

To prevent an accidental pregnancy, they should be separated at 3 months. A desired breeding probably shouldn't happen until 6 months plus.

Like others have said, it depends on the breed. I separated my brother and sister Mini Rexes at 10 weeks.

lol, forgot my head. Have babies on the brain.

I plan to sex and split my kits at 5 weeks when weaned.

Rule of thumb: Never place a intact rabbitwith the opposite sex, period. And if you do have intacted rabbits that are the opposite sex, make sure they are completely secure separately and not right next to each other. Because they can still get the job done through the wire.

Rabbitshave instincts to MULTIPLY

K:)

I have mine separated now, my male is 4 months and my female is 8 weeks. For dwarf breeds they recommended age "from what I have read" is 5 months and older, but rabbits meet sexually maturity at 12 weeks. (Both my buns are dwarf breeds)

I won't be putting them together until mid September, but they do get to see each other through their pens and through the xpen. After they breed it will be snippy snippy for my buck. He sprays(within)his pen.

Latest posts

Back