bunny fears

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perez28

Reaction score
i had a very bad experience with ferrets and when i was getting them the petstore told me that they were easy to litter train well they werent i had them for a year when my parents made me get rid of my babies well i been looking into getting a rabbit i heard that they are wonderful companions but understandably i want to be prepared as possible so when i get my new furry friend they are there to stay soi dont want to hear from a super educated bunny enthusiast i wanna hear from a real bunny owner thatcan tell me how they keep their bunny happy and healthy how to know when you and a bunny are meant to be how to make sure bunny does his buisness in his cage not my floor what to feed and how to handle them properly how to keep smell away as well so im willing to work on any method u have any take absoulutely any advice so please reply:pray:

hello, i would suggest checking out the different sections of this forum

and also www.rabbit.org - the house rabbit society for a plethora of articles.

just for the record, i think that any GOOD rabbit owner (or pet owner for that matter) should be a super educated enthusiast. why would you get a pet if you didnt want to learn how to care for them in the best possible way?

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Well after being a slave to a bunny you become a "super educated bunny enthusiast". These folks are the ones you want to get advice from, people who have had rabbits for years.

I would suggest adopting a rabbit from a rescue or animal shelter. You can go and look at the bunny's they have and be able to spend some time with the ones you like and find the one that is meant to be your furry master.

Rabbits can be litter box trained, it takes patience's and time. Some bunny's catch onto it quicker then others and some will do some of their business in the litter box and some in the cage. I have a flemish giant buck that is good about urinating in his litter box but pooping around the edges of the cage. I also have a french lop that will do everything in his litter box. If your bun ever does pee on your floor a little white vinegar in a spray bottle will get rid of the odor.

Everyone has a opinion on which litter to use, I use pelleted wood litter, it is really absorbent and does a great job on the odor. My rabbits eat a pelleted based diet with lots of hay and some veggies.

Good toys are baby keys, slinkies, bird toys, stuffed toilet paper tubes of hay, old phone books to shred.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

i looked it up on youtube and thought it was amazing i had no clue they could do that sort of thing is there anything like that in new york and that must take a long time to train them to jump that high on command

It doesn't really take that long to train. We have monthly practises and new bunnies usually learn what to do in that 2 hours. Beyond that, it is just getting them to do it more and they will gain confidence. Some will jump higher, others run faster and some just do it for fun. For getting them to jump higher, you need to work with them gradually so they will jump it. If course, if the rabbit doesn't want to jump, you can't make them.
I do notice that some rabbits like different crowds more than others. They usually don't like screaming kids and don't like people on the course. Most do better with the fences and when there is less pressure like races, they prefer to just play.

the best advice that i can give u ,if u wanna live with a easy to litter train ,non aggressive,unsmelly rabbit...u gotta spay or neuter them.....if u dont plan on doin this u will struggle with litter trainin( I dont care how many people jump on here and say dif,)trust me its not easy with a unfixed rabbit...ur bun will smell if not fixed..and ur bun will become aggressive when the hormones kick in...i cant live with an unfixed rabbit....no way ,no how.

I defenitily plan on getting the rabbit fixed not only because ive heard that they are easy to train when fixed but i also heard about alot of health issues that can be prevented when fixed:thanks:

where do u plan on getting ur bun?...id try a rescue first...cuz theres a bun in there right now who needs u....
i got my first bun,my heart bunny from a craigslist ad...she was going to be snake food..ive seen alot of ads for animals who needed homes but when i opened up the attchd pic and saw her ...i KNEW in an instance that she belonged in my family...id never had a bunny before ,but it didnt matter she was my girl i just new it in my heart.i got my Redrum home and another bun that came with her (Bambam)...Redrum made my life brighter every day she was in it...she was so charming and whimsical...i adored everything about her..i loved Bambam too but she was standoffish and independant..Redrum demanded my attention every day..i loved her so much...i ended up losing her during her spay surgery ,,but no fault to the vet ,,she had a birth defect ...i miss that bun more then i can explain ..but because of her ive rescued 21 buns since then and have found all of them homes and i have 9 of my own now too...
i didnt know a darn thing about bunnies till she came along..now i cant see myself with out them..ive learned how to feed them properly,hold them properly,and make sure they use the poop box so my house doesnt stink..:):)...ive learned all of this the same way ur doing it now..research .good for you for wanting to have an animal that u can care for properly and live with comfortable that wont become a nuiscance....trust me all the issues that ur worried about can be avoided and or fixed..ur never gonna know what kind of issues ur buns gonna have til u go get ur baby...then we can all help u with whatever struggles ur running into...were all here for u when u need us..:)

I was going to look into a rescue as well I never thought about having a bunny until I saw my first lionhead and watched him jump around and I got to hold him since I can't stop thinking about him wow ur story is amazing yet heart breaking that u lost her I hope I'm lucky enough to find a bunny that would work out that way I guess I'm gunna have to search for that my only true concern is litter training Thanx for ur story kinda eases a nervous mind about wanting a bunny

That's another advantage to getting a rescue bunny. They're usually litter box trained ahead of time. And the rescue people will know which ones are the best with their boxes. ;)

We didn't set out to get a bunny. He just kinda ended up in our laps. But I've found keeping a rabbit isn't that much different than keeping a cat.

Hope that helps!

Rue

Ya that actually helps alot I I'm pretty set on getting one from a shelter and the fact that u said it's almost like a cat that makes me feel a lol less uneasy

Latest posts

Back