Bunny eye colors

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
I dont know much about Bunnys eye colors. I know the brown, the blue and the red..

But there seems to be more.. My bun Moses for example has siam. color and his eyes are red-blue..inside red and outside of a very pale blue. How is that color called?

I have also seen a bun with green eyes which totally amazed me. I didnt even know that was possible.

Also very pretty dark red eyes. Dunno what these are called either. I'm curious.

How big is the variety of eye colors?

Emi

The primary colors are pink (albinos), brilliant blue (blue eyed white), blue-gray, brown and marbled. However, the eyes can vary in color intensity quite a bit and some colored eyes may have a ruby glow to them. Some eyes have a "lavendar" appearance to them.

I've never seen green eyes in a rabbit, nor heard of a documented case. If you have photos of green eyes on a rabbit, I would certainly like to see them. More genes do exist that we are not familiar with in the US (such as pink eyed dilute).

Pam

@pamnock

I have the link to the Homepage of the woman that owns the rabbit. Her name is happy. There are pics of her but you cant see her eyecolor well. You could just guess its green. If you want i can look for the HP adress?

Mümmel wrote:
@pamnock

I have the link to the Homepage of the woman that owns the rabbit. Her name is happy. There are pics of her but you cant see her eyecolor well. You could just guess its green. If you want i can look for the HP adress?

Thank you! Perhaps she would take some photos that show the eye color better.

Pam

Back