Bunny Expenses Spreadsheet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't wanna know! With the organic vegetables and cranberries, the Oxbow feed and hay, and fresh organic herbs, their grocery bill is higher than mine!

Only the best for my babies! I wouldn't have it any other way.

I mostly keep Jason in the dark. He buys litter, hay, and pellets.
I buy veggies, plus I'm the main toy-purchaser, and I pay for stuff like new pens or cage furniture, or books, etc. If he knew how much I spent, he'd freak. Sometimes with a big project, I'll pay for part of it from the joint account, and the rest from my personal money.

(For my litter box project, the new litter boxes were a joint purchase. I paid for the new storage containers and trash can and such.)

I paid for all the stuff in the first aid/readiness kit. Somehow, Jason doesn't care about keeping things on hand, in case they're needed on short notice or in the middle of the night.

HAHAHA I don't hide from hubby. Both of us know what is spent.:p

I dont think i hide it as much as i just dont divulge the information to him, but again he has never asked,lol.

haha, really cool, but I just got my credit card bill from my last rabbit's extensive vet care.. Let's just say I'm more than double your current total for the past month alone.. and that's on vet care alone. I really don't want to know.. but it would be smart to keep track!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I am keeping track so when I discover a way to get my rabbits social security cards I can claim them on my taxes!;)
wouldnt that be nice to be able to claim vet bills, food , bedding and all that jazz at tax time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That's an interesting idea, I might try to modify it for all my pets. Like the others, part of me doesn't want to know, but on the other hand, maybe it would help me streamline my expenses.

Dave i agree i think we need to rally all people who own animals together and get this passed,lol

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
I dont think i hide it as much as i just dont divulge the information to him, but again he has never asked,lol.
Don't ask, don't tell!:biggrin2:
That's really how it is at my house, too. Jason never asks how much I spend on bunny stuff, and I don't tell him, most of the time.

I would love this!! I have so many pets, wide variety with different diet and bedding needs and so on. I use a notebook and its annoying! I bet I could adapt a page to each species of pets I have.

kmcovill @ yahoo. com

Thanks!

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Patti i keep my hubby in the dark cause if he had any idea, except with Sooty being put to sleep, he would never let me have any animals in this house,lol

I have developed the habit of "telling fibs"

for ex. Gloria'a mandatory vet vist post adoption is paid for by the shelter (lie)

I won't let himJim goto the vet with me or if he does I tell him that there is no need for him to come in
if he does come in I some how relay to the receptionist not to say the bill amount out loud ( I wink at her and make faces LOL)
Actually rabbits have made me dishonest ; I never was this way before rabbits and vet care

I'm not proud of it; I think that it's wrong but necessary

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
With 16 bunny's I was impressed that I only spent around $800 last year.

I spent over $600.00 on one dental visit.

Iorder 6 critical cares at a time , 70 lbs of hay at a time , BBT , litter etc. etc etc etc etc

Imust spend thousands :(

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
I am keeping track so when I discover a way to get my rabbits social security cards I can claim them on my taxes!;)
wouldnt that be nice to be able to claim vet bills, food , bedding and all that jazz at tax time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Not really than you would have the bad pet owners lining up to claim them even though they don't do anything for them. :X

angieluv wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Patti i keep my hubby in the dark cause if he had any idea, except with Sooty being put to sleep, he would never let me have any animals in this house,lol

I have developed the habit of "telling fibs"

for ex. Gloria'a mandatory vet vist post adoption is paid for by the shelter (lie)

I won't let himJim goto the vet with me or if he does I tell him that there is no need for him to come in
if he does come in I some how relay to the receptionist not to say the bill amount out loud ( I wink at her and make faces LOL)
Actually rabbits have made me dishonest ; I never was this way before rabbits and vet care

I'm not proud of it; I think that it's wrong but necessary

I wouldn't look at it as "telling fibs", you are preventing unnecessary stress and worryfor him to have to deal with, buy dealing with ityourself. Thus making his life a little bit less stressful and a lot calmer.;)

It's amazing how pet owners manage to learn to lie to their spouses, lol. My hubby didn't know that the rescue rabbit cost me $250 and the rescue iguana -- hmmm, I cant bring myself to say how much she cost me, lol.

The free pets and rescue pets sure do cost a lot don't they!

Latest posts

Back