BUNNY EATS DOG FOOD

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunniesluv

Reaction score
:Dhi everyone. we have a mini-lop thatlives in the house and she wont eat her rabbit pellets, but will eatollies dog food. will this hurt her? she is really good abouteverything else. she goes to the bathroom in front of bathtubon newspaper. doesn't like litter box for some reason. whatare the best toys for my bunnies to play with? snacks other thancarrots? smoky is the only bunny we have in the house. we gother when she was about 6 weeks old from neighbor . she loves to playchase withollie

shirley

Shirley, bunniesare herbivores and therefore dogfood is aDEFINITE no-no for them! You may not seeimmediate effects, but rest assured this is not operating well in herdigestive system.

Restrict her access so that she's notable to get to the dog food and continue her on her diet ofpellets. Perhaps you can try another brand of pellets to seeif she likes the taste of them better. Also, make sure shehas a constant supply of Timothy hay and water.

Hope this helps! :)

The rabbit doesn't need the protein or high fatof dog food. Many dog foods contain a lot of corn -- too manycarbs for bunny!

Pam

Great plan,Bunniesluv. :) Just make sure to bunny proof yourroom if you're going to let her roam freely in there.;)

Heh. My rabbits eat my dog's food, but he's astrict vegetarian, so the kibble is a little safer. I don't let themeat too much, though, he doesn't appreciate having two bunnies sneakingin his bowl.

~M

During the years, there have been times that I'veoffered my dog food to rabbits. If I had one that was noteating its pellets, and appeared to just be under the weather a bit,I'd offer them the dog food. About 99% of the time, bunnywould start eating. So, at least I had a live rabbit to putback on rabbit pellets. I surely would not suggest it as aregular diet, but sometimes you just gotta do something.

you should never give your rabbit dog foodbecuase it is abd for them but it is not your fault you will just haveto make sure that it is keeped up when you let your bunny rin around.And maybe the reasone that you bunny will not eat it's rabbit food isbecause he doen not like the food that you have so maybe you should tryand see if you can get some differnet food!!! It may work!!!

Sorry, but it's not the feed. It's asick rabbit who will not eat. The rabbits I have at thepresent time are not house rabbits. They are in mybarn. I don't have that many of them at this time, but at onetime, a few years ago, I went thru 1000 (one thousand) pounds of rabbitfood per week. This, more times than not, will get the rabbiteating again, which means you do have live rabbit.

HI EVERYONE. I GOT SOME NEW FOOD AND SHE ATE SOMENOW SHE IS LOOKING FOR THE DOG TO PLAY CHASE. LOL SHE LOVES TO SNEAK UPON HIM. HE'S HIDING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW.LOL

SHIRLEY

haha you got a rabbit who eats dog food, and igot a dog who eats rabbit food =o of course, this is the same dog whosniffs around my trash bag when im doing a routine litter change. he'lleat anything that smells funny to him.

dreamgal042 wrote:
haha you got a rabbit who eats dog food, and i got a dog whoeats rabbit food =o of course, this is the same dog who sniffs aroundmy trash bag when im doing a routine litter change. he'll eat anythingthat smells funny to him.

LOL sounds like my Mum's dogs - They eatanything. Mycat Hugz eats cabbage !?! I always thought Rabbits were vegetarian.I've never tried offering anything other than pellets, hay and the oddveggies now and then.

Vickie

Back