Bunny eating all odds of odd stuff

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getliffe

Reaction score
Hey All

Our new baby bunny (7weeks) has taken to eating everything, especiallypaper, cardbored etc. Although this is only in small amounts he seemsto able to obtain some anyhwere. Is it a seriouse problem for a rabbitto eat paper.

Also, is it common for a rabbit to go hyper arounf 9to11 it's his most active time.

Hope everyones up to fun, gota go he's playign wiht somthign new now, gah.

just like a 2 year old will pick up anything offthe ground and stick it in his mouth to see what it tastes like, ayounger rabbit will also.

paper doesn't hurt to bad, i wouldn't reccomend allowing him to eat it,but if he gets a few bites before you get it from him then it shouldn'tcause to many problems

i would suggest getting him interested in some toys and allowing thoseto be out with him while he is running around, but remember, rabbits dochew! i would be watching him very closely at his young age to makesure he doesn't want to see what a cord tastes like;)

and rabbits are most active at dawn and dusk, so it is rather commonfor them to be active between 9 and 11 (that is right around when mybuns are active too)

katie

:yeahthat I completely agree with what katt said.

It's funny...my buns are really active then, too...but theirs startswith the moment they see my eyes open in the morning. So, Isuspect that it's both the fact that it's their active time, and thefact that they see I'm awake and have to do the Happy Bunny Dance...

:bunnydance::bunnydance:

Bo is more on my schedule but in the middle of the night he thinks it's time to play with one of his tinklebell toys!

Clover is VERY active around 9 pm. She will hop all over hercage and I'll set up the Xpen and let her play - she goes into thesewild binkies that make me laugh until I have tears sometimes!

Bo loves cardboard and stuff like my wood molding. :X

Recently, I found a cardstock type FORD magazine he stole from the mail- he'd drug it behind the woodstove (we don't use it and he thinks it'shis special hiding place).

He's definitely got that Pack Rat thing going on.

cheers thats okay then, can't seem to get Tony interested in woodblocks or any other rabbit bassed toys. He seems hell bent on wanting to play/ chew exacly whats put out of his reach. He has a favouriet box though, bit odd.

Bo is very much like that really. He will get into ANYTHING he can. He's afraid of the white flooring in the kitchen so that's a relief, but he's actually ventured in a bit lately. Just what I need.....

When he was little - like a few months old - he would get so excited if he saw one of the kids' soccer cleats! He'd head straight for it (as if he'd been eyeing it from afar) and grab a shoestring and head for his hiding spot (he knows we can't get to him easily there)...... Yes, a soccer cleat! It was bigger than him! He only drug it around tho - no chewing.

Backpacks are wonderful chew toys! Plus, it adds a comedic element when such backpack is picked up and placed on a child's back only to have it fall to one side - due to the detached nature of one strap. :foreheadsmack:

Our cat has longer hair. His behind is fluffy and Bo will chase and play with him and visa versa but Bo will come away with a chunk of kittybutthair in his mouth. :craziness

I think it's just bunnies! they're boogers!

Latest posts

Back