Bunny Dreams

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinaBun

Sponsor
Reaction score
Nanning, China and Mountain Home, Arkansas
Hi all! I haven't posted on here since January, when I posted on the Rainbow Bridge four weeks after my little Qingqing died. I had intended to come back from time to time, as you were so kind to me when my bunny was sick, but I never did. I hope to start coming here regularly now, to read about your rabbits, to learn more about the critters, and maybe to encourage those who have sick little ones.

I dreamed about my rabbit a couple of nights ago. When I petted her, she was thin, meaning that I dreamt about her after she got sick and started losing weight. I know why I dreamed about her that night . . . . During the day I had eaten a white chewy candy called White Rabbit. I looked at the picture on the wrapper and the white rabbit looked similar to mine! That night I dreamed of my white rabbit.

I'm not in a situation to get a new bunny now, as I plan to move from this city. I don't know where I'll go yet. If I move to a city in southern China, it would be hard to transport my new bunny. If I moved close to here, I could do it somehow. But like I said, I don't know yet where I'll be moving to. A week ago, one of the ladies I used to buy vegetables from asked me if I wanted another rabbit. I got the feeling that she knew someone with rabbits and wanted to give me one. I told her no. But I do miss my little furry friend. Sure, the apartment is cleaner and I don't have to go buy vegetables every two or three days, but the apartment is quieter without her.

And she wasn't even my heart bunny! Just a rabbit that let me pet her when she felt like it. I couldn't pick her up without a fight, bless her heart. But she was my pet and I loved her.

Thanks for reading.

Nancy

Nancy,

I'm so glad to see your post this morning! I've been thinking about you and hoped you were doing well.

It can be a hard decision to make, whether or not to take a new bunny in. The struggles you two (and all of your supporting friends and students) went through was a lot to handle.

((hugs))

Hi Leaf! Nice to hear from you.

I don't know why, but the first place I went to was the Rainbow Bridge. There I learned of the death of Tiny, and read all about it.

Note to self: Stay away from sad bunny stories for a while!

Hi Nancy, glad you popped in to let us know how you are doing.

Perhaps your dream was a message from Qingqing, letting you know she would approve of you getting another rabbit :). She was such a beautiful girl.

Bunnies certainly are a big miss when they are gone. They may be only small and fairly quiet, but they are such great company. I hope that in time, you do have another rabbit to love - it would definately be a lucky bunny to have such a good mom :)

Jan

Wow! i was just thinking of you yesterday Nancy!

I read about the riots and things going on in China and hoped you were not near that stuff.

I miss your bunny too. She was so pretty. One day you will get another one.

Thanks for the hellos, Lovabun and Bo. I've been looking at your bunny blogs. I love the snow-bunny pictures from England. I watched Tony's video, too. I thought I saw a bird halfway through the video. Does the birdy scare the bunnies? I remember reading that rabbits are afraid of birds, since they are prey animals.

As for the T-b-t situation, I'm not close to it at all. As far as I know, there is no T-b=tan community in my city. I have read about it on the Internet, though right after it happened some of the news pages were blocked. I think CNN was blocked for a short while, and Youtube is gone, too, since there were Free T*b*t videos posted there. I can't talk with my students about this situation, but I asked one of the Chinese English teachers that I know. She just told me the same thing that she's seen on Chinese TV, that is, that the ungrateful T--tans were targeting Han Chinese (the 95% majority) in Lh-ssa and other T areas. She didn't mention why they would be doing this. In the Chinese view, they liberated the area in 1950 and have poured in a lot of money for infrastructure since then. They have also poured in Han Chinese, thus diluting the number if T-b-tans.

We have a pied dove and Casper is a sweetie. The bunnies like her - she throws them seeds. LOL!

They have a fear of the ceiling fans if we put them on high. We keep them on medium most of the time and I've turned them up and the bunnies flatten and hide.

ChinaBun wrote:
Hi Leaf! Nice to hear from you.

I don't know why, but the first place I went to was the Rainbow Bridge. There I learned of the death of Tiny, and read all about it.

Note to self: Stay away from sad bunny stories for a while!
I'm so sorry that Tiny's story made you cry.....it makes me cry too.

I do hope you will be able to get another bunny at some time - your love for your rabbit and your dedication to Qingqing always was so touching to me.

I understand about dreaming about your bunny - a couple of mine have returned to me (more than once) in my dreams.

Peg

What a strange coincidence. Just yesterday I was looking in my shelves and saw a bag of White Rabbit candy in there. I thought no, I don't need any more candy, so I closed the cupboard.

Today, I read your update. :shock: I pulled out the candy and looked at the wrapper ... just like Qingqing. From now on, every time I have the candy I'll think of Qingqing. And the candy tastes so good. :D

2j5ci0y.jpg

301myhe.jpg

Sorry I'm late. I don't check this board every day and didn't a notice for the latest addition.

What a wonderful surprise to look into my thread and see pictures of White Rabbit candy! I didn't realize that it was sold outside of China! My Qingqing looked like the rabbit on the wrapper, of course, and not like the stylized rabbit on the plastic bag. :)

That's so cool that you dreamed about your rabbit. It was probably her way of saying "I'm okay". I don't ususally dream about my animals that have passed on, but sometimes I can hear my late dogs barking in the yard and more than once I've thought I saw a cat walk by, but when I turn to look they're never there. They like to visit through different ways, I think.

I agree it was likely your buns way of letting you know she is safe & O.K. I don't believe the bond we share with our animal companions ever breaks, not even in death.

I hope you will be able to have another bunny friend in the future though. :)

*hugs*

Back