Bunny dislikes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
I was wondering if there is anything that bunnies dislike. I have a few bitters and would like to save the cords that have been exposed from the eating the protective coating. I know that those bit-stopers arent that good.
Just looking for advice.

There are very specific chemicals that are on the market, speak to your vet, these things are very very noxious. I've tried one and it was so bad I literally washed my mouth out with soap.

You can use wire covers to cover the wires, or tie them right out the way, or even just block off the area where the wires are. bunny proofing can be hard but is essential for the welfare of the buns.

I personally would say that most things on the market for deter rabbits work on only a minimal amount of rabbits and would also be concerned about applying those things to already exposed wires.

I had most things covered, key word being had. They like the covers. I try to go behind them but with three bunnies and two kids its hard. But those bunnies are my new vacuums.
I was looking for stuff that wasnt going to stink up my house or eat my wires.

As for covering electrical wires, you really should look into something that is called "hardware cloth" here in the U.S., or least in my part of the country, lol.

It is not cloth. It is actually a metal mesh material, similar to chicken wire, but much sturdier, and woven into a small square pattern, like this:

eavesscreen2.jpg

You can buy it in rolls of various gauges(thicknesses), and cut it with wire snippers, and bend it around the electrical wires. You need gloves to do it. It is hard stuff to work with, but it does the trick. :)

The flimsy coiled plastic covers, and even the sturdier ones, have never been effective barriers, here, for my guys. They chew right through those. :p

Yeah i was looking at that here but it is too expensive. I plan on doing what i did to a few wires and use the remainder of the plastic stuff (Which is pretty thick and will atleast last a few months and is cheap enough to replace if need be.) and wrap it in vinyl tape all over atleast once so there is a cover and no gaps.

Latest posts

Back