Bunny Digging Up Carpet!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyHersheyBun

Reaction score
I know that bunnies love to dig and my carpet seems to my bunnies fav! I have tried to scold and him and tell him no, but I dont think that he understands. I have also read that they dont understand the scolding. I dont really know what else to do so I need some help and advice on this subject!!!! Thank you!!!

Thanks for the article. I have viewed this before and I am thinking that I will need to get him a straw mat. I just wondered if others had tried this technique or if there are other things to try that would be successful.

With my rabbit who loves digging and shredding, I have gotten an old phone book and opened it up. I put it directly over the spots that she likes to dig and then I left it there. Also, I have made a digging box in a variety of places. You take a box and cut a variety of door holes and windows then put a stack of newspapers in. The rabbit will love it! You may have to clean up a lot of shredded paper but it is a lot better then a ruined carpet. I have also done a lot of seagrass mats and straw mats. So all this and the rabbit doesn't dig at my floors anymore. She is too busy having fun with the toys I made her.

For Oreo, who is the male dutch that I have who didn't respond to scolding I had to resort to clapping my hands loudly. That startled him a bit until he got used to it. Then I just tried the watergun method where you give him a squirt. That got him to stop but I thought it was sort of cruel so I rarely do that anymore. I have resorted to doing everything I can like removing all tempations etc. that way the rabbit does not get put in the situation where it is tempted.

Latest posts

Back