*BUNNY DIARRHEA* Infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't suggest giving antibiotics as a preventative measure, as this can lead to antibiotic resistance problems. They should only be used for treating actual bacterial issues. If you continued treating for a few more days, that should have been fine. 5 days really isn't a long enough course, and should really be given for 7-14 days. But it may just be that your buns digestive system needs time for the microflora to normalize after being on the antibiotics.

Since the package was in Spanish I was letting her know what all the medicines directions has on it. Nothing more. I thought it was highly interesting that it could be used for a variety of animals including much larger ones that rabbits.. I'd never seen that before here... hum....

Vanessa

I explained to the vet and he said I would have to wait 5 days after the past 5 day treatment, then I could give it again for another 4 days. So that is what I am currently on. Today is day 3.

Well it's been a long time now and they both still have sticky poop...never completely dry. They act perfectly fine and there is no mucus or odd behavior.

We just adopted a new puppy so everything has been soo busy. Yes I called him, he said to take in some droppings so he could see it. I did, but within the time I arrived and everything, it isn't the same as it is new. When it's new, (sorry it's gross) I usually tap it hoping it won't stick. It does. He said it was fine and normal...I'm not sure what to do next now.

Wow a new puppy too! Man.. You've got a full house.
I would try to keep all new animals away from the bunnies until you can get some definite answers from your vet... just to be on the safe side, you know..
you don't want them all getting sick.

Vanessa

Thanks. :)
I guess the only thing I can do now is wait for the droppings to become dry again.

Latest posts

Back