Bunny Diaries [Pic Heavy!]

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaPenguin

Reaction score
I just love taking pictures of my bunnies, so I just couldn't help the idea of a photo diary of this litter growing up. 7 babies, born 5/14, one was rejected on day 3, but the other 6 seem to be doing great! These aren't purebred, so they won't be show quality, but will make great pet bunnies. I've already picked out the one I'm keeping, and have a home for 3 others.

I don't want to disturb the nest until the babies having their eyes open and are coming out on their own, so the early photos will be mainly of the nest, and one bunny to show their growth.

The mother is a mixed breed, and the father is purebred Mini Rex.
Mother and Father:
1zekb4.jpg

(Not sure why it's so big??? D=)
Father:
5lcllu.jpg

Day 1:
2v1nmuo.jpg

Day 3:
2v35zlt.jpg

28rfbz4.jpg

Day 4:
ibkme1.jpg

23wr6mb.jpg

Day 6:
ofnbch.jpg

2gy4lso.jpg

Thank you Wabbitdad =)
We're sadly down to 4 babies. Found another dead yesterday, and one apparently disappeared. But we are trying to look at the bright side; we still have 4 gorgeous babies to take care of! I will have to get more pictures today or tomorrow. They opened their eyes yesterday!

Haha yeah. Looking at the pictures, day 1 they are bright pink. Day 2, less pink. Day 4, the only pink one is the mainly white one. And by Day 6, even the white one isn't pink at all lol And by Day 8 all but 1 have their eyes open.

We lost the bun I wanted to keep =( Here is a photo from today.

Day 12:
6gbzna.jpg

I will get more tomorrow. I went to take photos and this was the only one I could get before the battery died in the camera lol

I know I really want to keep the white one =(
But I already promised my aunt 2 and my little cousin 1 (his would be staying at my aunts house) so I'd feel really bad for not giving my little cousin and aunt their bunnies, considering what has happened so far. My cousins bunny accidentally ended up at my mums boyfriends house and it got eaten by a Coyote or something. (We got the bunny from my aunt, and they were on vacation, so we weren't sure which rabbits we weren't supposed to take, and by the time we found out we took my little cousins rabbit, it was too late.) And since my aunt has got rid of all her rabbits, and really misses them, so she wants a pair of pet rabbits - before she was using them as breeders for snake food.

On the upside, my other momma bun, who is also a broken black, is nesting, so we're looking forward to more kits in the next few days =P In fact, they might be out there now, I haven't checked this morning.

awww I'm in love with them and Ive never met them. lol. They look so cute and tiny and sweet..... wait till they are older huh? lol jk

I need to update with more cuteness!
On a side note, the 'other momma' I mentioned in a previous post that was expecting, had kits and they all died, for those who didn't see those posts. :( But she has been let go to a pet only home and I am very happy for her! I think she found a fantastic home. I'll update in the next day or two x) They are loosing some of their cuteness, but they'll always be cute to me!

Latest posts

Back