Bunny circles?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
In bunny language, does this mean anything? Last night I was lying on the living room floor, just watching our rabbit Austin do his thing. He came over to me, stood for a few seconds, and then started circling me, first in a slow jog, and then in a running/binky/racing mode. It was very cute! Austin is the more shy of our two bunnies, but for the past couple of weeks he's been getting more friendly.I'm wondering if this circling was him playing with me?

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

for me this means that your bunny is pretty happy!! If you stay still and don't have any noises, you'd also be able to hear a little sound which the bunny emits while circling you, this means that he's happy having you around...(at least that's what i've been told....):bunnydance:

:yeahthat ***loving this smilie!!***

yeppers!! Austin loves you and is putting his claim on you, too.:bunnyheart

bobbygirl: :thumbup Lots of bunnies will make a sound when they do this. Some refer to it as a "humming". I remember one member that descibed it as a "boing".

:jumpingbunny:

~Jim

Great. So now I'm Austin's property? Just kidding. Thanks for the info everyone! It's nice to know that these bunnies are warming up to their knew home and that they appear to love us like we love them.

Jeff

humming? how cute! peapoos does that a lot when i go in her room. was wondering what it meant..but kind of guessed it meant she was happy because all the binkies!:colors:

also what does it mean when she chatters her teeth:?? or whatever you call it:)

That's a tooth purr! It's like a cat purr. Happy and relaxed.

Sometimes they'll do louder separate clicks with their front teeth. That seems to mean different things depending on the bunny. Fey does those instead of purring.

Grinding the molars is a sign of pain.

When Bobby grunts, it isn'ta happy sound. He usually does it when we try to convince him to go into his cage, and also when i use something to scrape of his little ballies from his cage. However, it's also funny!!

The Bunny 500!

My Qingqing (cheeng-cheeng) does the Bunny 500 on my bed and on the sofa, since these are the only places she can get any traction. I have tile throughout the apartment. She has gotten used to running on it, but every now and then she'll take a turn too quickly and end up sliding on her side for several feet.

Nancy

Latest posts

Back