Bunny carriers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDShorty

Reaction score
What kind of carrier do you have for your bun? My Dori is a pretty big girl, and I have a small pet carrier for my guinea pigs, but no way Dori will go into a small carrier, even if she managed to squeeze in there. I never realized how expensive carriers are!:?:shock: Anyway, would any of you be willing to show me a pic of your carriers?

What works best for your buns? A soft carrier or hard shelled one? I haven't even attempted to put Dori in one yet, I'm sure its going to be a challenge But at this point I'm having a hard time even finding a decent one anywhere that doesn't cost like $80+.

a month or two ago i got a soft "dog" carrier for like 10 bucks at costco. it fits both my bunnies in it. it can be a shoulder bag, backpack, handbag, whatever cause it has removable straps. it works well for me

Petsmart sells a nice, hard sided "pet" carrier with two doors, one at the front and one at the top, for $28.00. Makes it easier to lift out the bunny, instead of trying to squeeze them out the front. I don't really like the soft sided carriers because any rabbit could chew their way out in a very short time (especially under stress). And most of them are not leak proof incase of an "accident". You can add a little bed or hay and it allows good air exchange.

pPETS-3756615t400.jpg

I would definatly recomend using a hard sided carrier. I have several wire ones like you use for shows, they work well and have trays underneath instead of bunny sitting in it's mess. Here is one example: http://www.kwcages.com/KWCage/00010.html

You can find others at rabbit supply companies. I have tried KW before, and they have done pretty well for me, as far as speed of shipping and the like.

We have a nylabone carrier that we love. It is pretty big, but we use it for both our bunnies. It folds down when you aren't using it, and has a soor on the front, and the top. I don't have to 'shake' the bunnies out of the carrier anymore!

It was expensive but well worth it. We got it at walmart.

We have a variety depending on the trip - We have normal pet carriers but we also have these....

I have used this before with Louis but it didnt work brilliantly as he tried to escape

fundleblack.jpg

I sometimes use these for the buns but I dont like to as they were really expensive and I dont want them to chew or rip the insides - they are mainly for the cats.

Girls
pf2.jpg

Boys
pf9.jpg

This is the best carrier that I have for my pets. I dont have a car and have to take them on the tram and bus to the vets etc. Its REALLY good as I dont have to carry them, I can go about my normal business with them in toe, I dont have to worry about how I will manage them and shopping etc and I dont have to worry about them being stressed in a carrier for ages as they can freely move around in the stroller and see what they want and get as comfy as they need. All my cats and my buns love the stroller and arrive at their destination happier and lessed stressed than they are in a box.

3wp.jpg

This is actually the second stroller that we have had as the first one we have used so much that I had to buy a new one!

Latest posts

Back