Bunny Cage Flooring

Discussion in 'Housing and Environment' started by Me and Bun-uccino, May 20, 2019.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. May 20, 2019 #1

Me and Bun-uccino

Me and Bun-uccino

Me and Bun-uccino

I'm thinking about getting my bunny a x-pen to add on to his other cages. The problem is that my bunny is un neutered and poops all over the place in his other cages and there is not a plastic bucket on the bottom of the x-pen and my parents are picky with poop within contact of the floor. My bunny also pees and poops on anything fabric, Is there any other type of thing to line the floor of the x-pen?:(

2. May 20, 2019 #2

Popsicles

Popsicles

Popsicles

I used an offcut of linoleum to cover the bottom of my xpen, try and pick one with a bit more grip rather than very smooth, but worked well for me.

3. May 20, 2019 #3

SableSteel

SableSteel

SableSteel

I got thin horse stall mats from the feed store, to put under my rabbit cages and rabbit area. They're a bit on the more expensive side as far as flooring goes, but not only are they sturdy and easy to clean, they also provide a bit of shock absorbance when the rabbit jumps so it's easier on their joints. In a pinch I have also used thick shower curtains under the cage as well.

4. May 21, 2019 #4

Me and Bun-uccino

Me and Bun-uccino

Me and Bun-uccino

Thank you, although they are quite expensive, they do seem very effective!:)