Bunny Buttons

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen_272

Reaction score
When I give my bunny floor time she poopseverywhere on the floor. When shes in her cage she pees in her litterand does poop in her litter too butshe poops all over hercage aswell. Is this normal, and can I get her to stop this?

Thanks

Jen

Consider yourself lucky that she pees in herlitter box. Most rabbits poo everywhere or at least have some straypoos. It's just how it is, at least poos are easy to clean up! How oldis she? Young rabbits are notorious for being messy. She may also beputting her scent throughout the house by doing that. One of my buckslikes to poo all over the spots where he smells my other rabbits.

He/She is only three months old, so it might take a bit yet, but she will stop. :)

Although fair warning, my girl was good (but not great) until she hitpuberty (just over 6 months old) and then she got awful! Afew weeks after she wasspayed, she was great! Noproblems since. All five of my bunnies will leave the oddlittle poop to mark their territory from the cats and other bunnies,but that's it.

Let us know how it goes!

sas :) and the warren :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

My bunny does the same thing, a random raisinhere and there. I am just glad that she pees where she is supposed to.I can just sweep up any bunny raisins.

~Star~

My bunny refuses to wee in his cage...he waitstill i let him out then goes on the newspaper put down by my door...hadto put it there as he wen there once wen there was no paper...it wasthe other side of the room tried getting him to go there but gave upand put the paper there....would be great if he would use his littertray...any way of getting him to change or should i just resign to thefact he is always gona go in that corner?

Will he use a litterbox if you put it in thespot where he usually pees? You could put a littleurine-soaked newspaper in there to give him the idea.

no i tried that and he just wees on the floornext to it :(... then jumps in the litter tray and lies down in it:?...he is very strange but i love him :)

Jen, my bunny max does the same thing. She peesand poops in her litter box but also poops in the rest of the cage too,I dont get it, she knows to go in the litter box but then poops outsideof it too. But at least she only pees in the litter box so that ahelp.....(thanks for that max)

Kiwi wrote:
...then jumps in the litter tray and lies down in it :?...he is verystrange but i love him :)
My bunny did the same thing at first.
sleepytinkle.jpg
she would do the dead bunny flop in it. :shock:Itseemed with my bunny (she is a girl though) that it just finallyclicked for her one day. I just was consisitant. Maybe if you just putshredded newspaper in his litterbox that might be somethinghewould like to pee on. My bunny doesn't like litter, shejust wants to pee on paper, so I got a shredder and I shred newspapersto put in her litterbox.

~Star~

jen, do you put your bun's hay in his litterbox?That should help. I'm also wondering how old he is, andwhether he is neutered?

Also, I put shredded newspaper over litter (Equine Fresh) as my bunloves to dig around in the paper. I keep a lot of hay at one end of herbox, and she not only eats it (and poops/pees while doing so), butenjoys rearranging it. She did a few dead bunny flops in her box when Ifirst got her, but now she prefers the floor for that.

Back