bunny breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen_272

Reaction score
Does anyone know the breed of my bunny?

Picture136.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

I don't know what breed it is but it is a very cute bunny.

I look forward to more pictures.

Susan:bunnydance:

Hi there, I'm sorry I don't know what breed yourbunny is, but hopefully a mod will come along soon and move this to theRabbitry where the experts are more likely to see it and they will havea better idea what breed your adorable bunny is!:)

Hi!

It appears your bunny is a dutch marked sable point. While Dutchesdon't usually come in that color it could be amix of anetherland dwarf and dutch, or just an over sized dwarf.

Cute Bunny!

The vienna gene often allows people to mistaketheir rabbits for dutch, this is a vienna marked lop rabbit who hasblue eyed white parents:

32683947_full.jpg

32683974_full.jpg

The sun glare makes it hard to see but it marked like a dutch, but it has no dutch in it's background.

That's a cute vienna marked lop!!

My friend has a beautiful fuzzy lop that is a lynx vienna mark withsuch perfect markings it would make a dutch breeder proud, lol!! Ofcourse it was the best baby in the litter and isn't showable. lol! :D

clarzoo wrote:
That's a cute vienna marked lop!!

My friend has a beautiful fuzzy lop that is a lynx vienna mark withsuch perfect markings it would make a dutch breeder proud, lol!! Ofcourse it was the best baby in the litter and isn't showable. lol! :D
I've got a Lynx Vienna Marked Mini Rex in my BEW breeding program - (you can click the pictures for bigger views)

She has the smallest snippet of white on her nose and both eyes are abeautiful shade of Blue (hard to catch on camera)... again, no dutchanywhere in her pedigree, just the Vienna gene. Some otherinteresting things the Vienna gene can do is starred blazes like thisguy:

He carry's the Vienna gene, but his eyes arecompletely brown with no blue specs.

Ok... :threadhijacked:.... Sorry... Back on topic again.

Jenna - I'm curious, does your bunny have any blue specs in its eye color anywhere?

~Sunshine

Im not too sure if he has blue spots, but I willtake a closer look. I was also wondering about his size. He seemsfairly small to me. How big should he be at approx. 5 months? I had himover 3 months and he hasn't grown much, he might be about 3-3 1/2pounds.

Thanks for you help!

Jen

It's very difficult to predict adult weight and size on mixed breeds, especially when the mix is unknown.

I wouldn't worry about how big he is or how much he's growing as longas he doesn't feel skinny. If you feel spine and hip bonesinstead of musclewhen you pet him, then I would be seriouslyconcerned.

~Sunshine

Latest posts

Back