Bunny Breathing - Opinions Needed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrea

Reaction score
Does she breathe like that all the time, or only sometimes?

Honestly, my rabbits do it too, and I don't think it's that unusual :dunno

I can't see the video right now (stupid workcomputer). Is she overweight at all? Loki wouldwheeze and breathe hard when I first adopted him. He also hadtrouble breathing if he put his head down, so he would sleep with hishead resting on the water bowl to keep it up. The vet said itwas because he was overweight and the extra flesh was pressing on hisnasal passages. He'shealthy now and has no problemsbreathing.

I'll check the video later when I get home.

I don't think she's overweight.....

abi.sized.jpg

My guess she's about 4lbs.

I just adopted a bunny a few days ago and thefirst couple of days when he would lie down he would breath just likethat. I think he was just scared of his new surroundings or something,I haven't noticed it since, but it may just be they breath like thiswhen they relax just like your girl.

It doesn't seem unusual to me either unless it'sbeing done all the time. My rabbits breathe like that when they're hotand after running around. They also do it when something in the areacatches their attention, their noses tend to get excited, lol, causingthem to breathe like that. The other reason is if they're scared. Itcould also be that she is on alert while relaxing. Some rabbits arejust not as laid back as others and it's possible she is just keepingher nose going to protect herself.

Our bunns will breathe like that when they arewatching something, curious,overly warm, nervous or have beenrunning around previously. It doesn't look unusual tome. Unless she sounded congested or seemed to be strugglingfor breath I would think she was fine. That is just my ownopinion though!:)

Dani, Skittles, Peppers and Solembum.

Back