Bunny born with no eyes or nest eye?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I am hoping somone can help or advise. I have had the most beautiful litter of 9 mini lop bunnies born recently and they are all doing very well, and being fed! There is just one bunny that appears to have no eyes. I do checks on all the bunnies for nest eye and have helped 2 others with thier eyes but they are now fine. The bunnies are 3 weeks old on tuesday. This perticular bunny seems to just has fur where the eyes are supposed to be, i can't see anything there. Will this little one make it with no eyes? Do i need to get a proffessional to look at it? Could it have eyes that are yet to open? I'd be so glad if somone can help or advise.

Thanks x

Attachments

• 20210319_191920.jpg
    20210319_191920.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 40
At 3 weeks you need to get a vet to look at it. They should have opened by 14 days.
In parting the hair are you saying there is no slit for the eyes?

Hi, I am hoping somone can help or advise. I have had the most beautiful holland lop bunnies born recently and they are all doing very well, and being fed! There is just one bunny that appears to have no eyes. I do checks on all the bunnies for nest eye and have helped 2 others with thier eyes but they are now fine. The bunnies are 3 weeks old on tuesday. This perticular bunny seems to just has fur where the eyes are supposed to be, i can't see anything there. Will this little one make it with no eyes? Do i need to get a proffessional to look at it? Could it have eyes that are yet to open? I'd be so glad if somone can help or advise.

I had a kit that I thought was blind too. But it was just really swollen. I use saline and a warm soft baby wash cloth and gently rub along where the slit should be. Might just be so crusted that it's sealed pretty good. If not,
I echo was @majorv said and take the kit in.

Back