Bunny bonding is going well!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danaii

Reaction score
For those of you who may not know the backstory,we got Chewie, an almost six-month old Holland Lop male (neutered) fromthe Humane Society on January 21st. He weighs about fourpounds.

On Friday we got a "young adult" (not sure on age, but she has givenbirth to babies) female American Sable mix (but she's skinny!!) thatwas just spayed on March 6th. She weighs just over threepounds, but doesn't look it. Her name is Zoey.

So Friday night began the bonding the process. The very firstnight Chewie was chasing her around a lot, trying to sniff her andwhatnot. However, the first night they were also alreadyeating together, grooming each other, and laying together.

Needless to say, the bonding process has gone incredibly well sofar. Probably better than I deserve. Beginner'sluck, maybe? ;)

Four days later they're now very content with each other, and groomeach other a lot. They also hop into each other's cages andeat each other's food, but that's ok, because they get the samethings. They lay together, and sometimes one flops out in onecorner and the other flops out in another corner. So,success!!

Here are some pictures:

http://flickr.com/photos/10867218@N00/

Oh, I forgot to mention that Zoey's already spoiled.

If they're in their respective cages and we come home, they both startYANKING on their cage doors. They know we're going to letthem out, but apparently they can't wait the 2.5 seconds it takes forone of us to cross the room.

And Zoey's a jumper, so I hope she doesn't figure out how to break outbefore the bonding process is complete and we can leave them both outin their room.

Yes, the bunnies have their own bedroom. Too bad for anyone who might have wanted to stay over. Hehe.

I have, but the finances would have to waituntil April or so. Plus, I would feel weird having paid $60for a cage I only used for a month. I suppose I could donateit, but eh...I guess I'm feeling sort of stingy. ;)Would the Humane Society take an extra cage or two?

Wow you are so lucky. We could neverbond our rabbits. One is mini-rex/cotton tail mix a mut. Theother Neitherland dwarf. So 6lbs and 3lbs. Alwaysafraid that the bigger one will hurt the little one.

Latest posts

Back