Bunny Bombs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tisha

Reaction score
Curious Question. Mr. Lola is out inthe morning before I go to work and as soon as I get home from work atnight. During the weekends his cage is open and he hops inand out for most of the day when we are here.

During the morning romps, he drops very few (if at all) bunny bombs(that's what we call his droppings). At night, however, ohmy....bunny bombs galore! He litter box trained himself andwill rarely pee when out of his cage (unless he's mad at me) but heoften drops a great amount of bombs at night when out of his cage.

Pretty much once I put him back in his cage I clean up the bunny bombs and vacuum.

Is this normal? Should I consider putting a litter box on theliving room floor for when he's out? He doesn't seem to haveone particular place that he drops the bombs but I do know that hewon't drop them behind his special chair.

Whenever the kids see the bunny bombs...they know Mr. Lola is not too far away!

Thanks in advance.

~Tisha

I have 2 litter pans for MeatHead. One in hiscage and one out where his free time is. He sometimes leave a whole lotby our door so when we walk in we step in it. But very rarely he doesthat. I would recomend you getting another one so you don't have toremove the one out of the cage and put it back.

Tisha, I'd try getting a couple oflitter trays to leave out and about when Mr Lola is out playing. Wehave done this with our bunnies and find it helpful.

Gizmo is the best at keeping his poopies in the tray, whilst Bindy and Amber are still trying to "get it".

The extra tray or 2 will help Mr Lola get even more poopies in theright spot, reward him with a pat and a scritch when you see him in thetray and he will eventually get the idea.

Goodluck;)

AHHH the joys of escapee's from the poop factory , gotta love it , lol

I would put another litter tray outfor him , sometimes the sightof a new one will entice him tocheck it out then use it , what I woulddo is put a paper towel in hisold box for a few hours and after he haspotties once or twice , put it in his newone so he knows its his andwhat it is for.

I have not had a hard timepotty training many rabbits , most dotend to use a pan on their own , Some olderones that have never used a pan beforewill take right too it , I believe thatthey would much rather a clean cage thana dirty one , But then againthere have been a few who couldcare less . For those difficult ones its an undercage tray .

This has happened with us too - sometimes thebunnies will sit about a yard away from the litter and drop poops - myhubby says it's laziness that they can't be bothered to walk over tothe tray but I think they're being naughty on purpose - my bunnies ahvereal bunnitude - sometimes they will poo a few times and I'll chaseafter them witha small sweeping pan to clear it up and I get the cheekybunny headshakes and flicking ears!!! Naughty Naughty!:shock2:

If Mr. Lola insists on pooping in a certainplace, then you are best to just put a litter box their. My bunny Devonhas two boxes, one in his cage, and one outside. They are no more than5 feet away from each other, but Devon always uses the other litter boxwhen he is out of the cage.

Hi Tisha,

Cookie does the same thing - in the evening he goes nuts with the poo.

We have a litter for him in the living room (where he spends most of his free time).

Before we had the litter in the living room, he pooped everywhere, butsince having the litter, he goes *mostly* in the litter (except forwhen he's marking our rug as his own - and then he leaves a few guyslaying around for us to find later).

Good luck and welcome to the forum!

When Guin was a free ranger she used to dropLOADS of bombs all around Anubis' cage (any wonder he wants to beat herup) but since she lost her vision and started bumpin into things shedoesnt come out as much without extreme supervision.

Luckily our little Bonnie who has free range ((and we have only had herfor a week! )) doesnt poo outside her cage. But I know howfun it is walking on those bunnie bombs ;)

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I'mgoing tonight to buy another litter pan. I will take theadvice of having his urine on a paper-towel of sorts and putting itinto the litter pan, and also a few droppings.

He's funny because he can be laying there, resting (recharging thosebatteries again) and when he gets up there's a ton lying there on thefloor. I always tell everyone "watch out for the bunnybombs!!" When hubby comes home and sees them on the floor, heknows there is a white bunny flopping around somewhere.

Thanks!
Tisha

LOL I was having the same issues with my englishlop, and instead of getting a second litter tray I opted for a cage hecan get in and out of, His other cage was taller and opened at the top,his new one opens on the side so its easy access. For the most part hewill go into his cage to do his business, but we do still have theoccasional"bunny bomb" but Poo happens lol. Good Luck with Mr. Lola :)

Latest posts

Back