Bunny bite question

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasspack

Reaction score
Hello,

My sweet dear Fern BIT my arm tonight. She was loose in the living room and having some great free time. She is so good when she is out, usually!! Tonight she jumped up on the couch with me and layed for a minute then was off. She went over to the end table and started knocking everything onto the floor(pictures, coasters, etc). I got up to get her and brought her back to the couch with me. She sat on my stomach for a minute and then reached out and bit my arm. Hard! I have a bruise. I had just read an article about lightly holding their head down for a few seconds when they do this, so I did. She started to fight me so I held her a little longer. She was as good as gold after that, but why do you think she bit me? Bun bites hurt!!

Alice

I'm not sure why she bit you, but it does hurt! My bun just bit me the other day on the finger, she broke the skin. She bit me because of cage aggression.

Sometimes I think rabbits nip when they're excited or maybe she was mad that you got her away from knocking things over?

I think you did the right thing with putting her head down though.

Q was like that yesterday. I think they go through weird mood swings...she's like Fern...usually a total doll but all of the sudden she was all bitey yesterday. At least she was good once you put her head down. Q just looks at me like "stop that mom" and bites my hand to make me move it!

I have lost count of the number of times that Shiny Things has bitten me and it broke the skin and made me bleed. For my bunnies the head thing is counter productive. It just makes them mad and they do everything to get away from it and bite me again.

ldoerr wrote:
I have lost count of the number of times that Shiny Things has bitten me and it broke the skin and made me bleed. For my bunnies the head thing is counter productive. It just makes them mad and they do everything to get away from it and bite me again.

Same here...err, well Taffy's like that, and so was Charlie. Jelly (rip) and Ripley both have reacted well to correction.

Latest posts

Back