Bunny ate candy, what should I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex05871

Reaction score
Hello, this morning I found an Airhead and a Kitkat on my floor. My bunny chewed through the wrappers and ate about half a KitKat bar and about a majority of an Airhead bar. I gave her a lot of hay and water and she seems to be fine for right now. She's eating plenty and I've been monitoring her all day instead of going to school. It's been about 6 hours since that happened and she still seems fine. Should I do anything else? I would take her to the vet but money is tight at the moment and I genuinely did not expect this to happen. I just got her in April and I wouldn't want to lose her so soon :(

Thank you so much! I was rlly worried😓
No problem, bunnies eat all kinds of weird stuff to their owners despair. It’s when they stop eating hay or drinking water that you need to prepare a vet visit.
True! Forget about grabbing candy, paper and wires! Rabbits are masters at tasting the most peculiar of items.
One glorious example i immediately thought of is when Iris decided to taste a wax candle. Took a nice bite but decided that it wasn't good enough.
Musti had an apparent grudge for the silicone parts of any brush or comb-he'd toss the comb and if it was still in his way, he'd try to consume it.
Once, he was sleeping next to my sister and i, when suddenly he got on the keyboard and bit off the number plate "6" from her computer's number board. That was stupidly funny.
Storm will grab and throw my computer off my lap when he wants my attention. He loves throwing my stylus pen around. It's got his teeth marks all over. He sometimes eats hay based pelleted litter, (when i clean the loo and stall too long with adding hay) and he once decided to taste test a brick.
Lümi was the absolute terror. Not only would he go for paper, he'd sniff out (i'm talking him specifically sniffing along the walls to find the easiest bit to grab with his long narrow schnozz) and peel open our wallpaper, he'd yank firewood from the bag, he'd try stealing all sorts of food, even cooked, he tried the dish sponge, went scavenging in our rubbish bag, gnawed on my pencils, pulled fibers from the rug, tried to eat foil of our insulation... I can't remember anymore what other weird stuff he had tried, but i know that he was the hardest one to keep from stuffing something prohibited. And he was a super sensitive gut rabbit. I'm amazed he never got GI problems from any of those.

With a butt ton of hay and continuous supply of water, i've never had to go to the vet because of my rabbits eating anything weird.

Latest posts

Back